Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Daniel B
Sweden
Kungsbacka
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm going to display my complete lack of insight into the gaming industry by asking the following question:

Are the cards printed at the same place regardless of the publisher?

I'm asking because I have a copy of Dixit published by Lautapelit and now I'm looking at Dixit 2 (and later Odyssey), but I can only find it where Asmodee or Libellud is the publisher. I'm concerned that there will be a significant visible difference of the card backs if I get the expansions from a different publisher. Should I be concerned or are they compatible?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mikhail Kruzhkov
Russia
Moscow
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
I remember when I bought Dixit2 there was a little slip of paper included that said that the card size is a little different from an earlier version of Dixit. And I think in that slip they offered to change your original Dixit deck, I thought for free, but now I'm not sure. But this slip was in French, so I could misunderstood it (I'm not that good with French).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Yours Truly,
United States
Raleigh
North Carolina
flag msg tools
There must have been a moment at the beginning, where we could have said no. Somehow we missed it. Well, we'll know better next time.
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm wondering how this would really affect gameplay though. Maybe if the new cards were 50% smaller then you would notice when someone turns in their card if it's small/large and that might inform your guess. But, if they're marginally smaller would you even notice?

I suppose it might affect shuffling, I've never tried shuffling different size cards together.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Miguel
France
Caen
(from Valencia, Spain)
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes, I had heard that the difference, when present, was about (or less than) 1 mm, so impossible to "track" a card from someone else's hand through the shuffling and to the voting.

But when I got mine the cards were exactly the same size. Indeed, I mixed them together and have never split back the two decks since.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel B
Sweden
Kungsbacka
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
franchi wrote:
Yes, I had heard that the difference, when present, was about (or less than) 1 mm, so impossible to "track" a card from someone else's hand through the shuffling and to the voting.

But when I got mine the cards were exactly the same size. Indeed, I mixed them together and have never split back the two decks since.

Were they from different publishers?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Miguel
France
Caen
(from Valencia, Spain)
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
I guess so... I didn't keep the boxes (I use a tin can for both decks together and a home-made score pad), but I bought them within a few months and from the same online shop.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jerome Cormier
Canada
Montreal
Quebec
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Somebody mentioned tone discrepancy on this thread...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.