Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Eric Lund
United States
Atlanta
Georgia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The translated rules say, "If there is no empty circle available on the business to which you have moved your figure, you must either immediately play another card and move further on, or challenge a player there to a duel." There were differing interpretations on this.

1. One player interpreted this to mean they could play ANY card when they landed on an occupied business. In other words, they could use an occupied business sort of like a free horse to get extra movement. After all, it does literally say to play another card.

2. The others thought it meant you could only play a card that was consistent with the other provided movement rules; that is, a card with the same value as your first card, or if you have a horse and haven't used its power, then any card. If you could not play a card under these conditions, you would have to duel.

Which is correct?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Jackson
United States
Goodlettsville
Tennessee
flag msg tools
Am I a man or am I a muppet? If I'm a muppet then I'm a very manly muppet!
mbmbmbmbmb
number 2
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alex Yeager
United States
Ypsilanti
MI
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
What Mark said. "Must" is a binary; if you can't play another card consistent with the rules, you must duel to keep your location without being displaced back to the cathedral.

Alex Yeager
Mayfair Games
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Lund
United States
Atlanta
Georgia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thank you!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.