Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Gregory Bay
United States
Kernersville
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mb
Hey! I am looking for gamers in the Wake Forest NC area. I live in Wake Forest and have been driving into Raleigh, Durham to find groups to game with. Because of the distance this limits my game time as I am driving 30+ minutes to game. I know there are some users/gamers in the Wake Forest area. Just seeing if there are any that would like to meet on a more regular basis and see who is out there. Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rick Carnagey
United States
Wake Forest
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Count me in Greg. This is a good idea, I'm sure there are other gamers in our area. This may take some time as I don't know how many people read or subscribe to these threads, but over time I bet you will get more and more responses.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tiger Uppercut
United States
Greensboro
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
And you both like horses!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gregory Bay
United States
Kernersville
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mb
joefain wrote:

That's right! Because horses are cool... er something.

Rick, Glad you saw this sir. I am counting on you, Mark, and myself as kind of a starting trio. I am in the process of contacting other people who live in the Wake Forest area. We will see where this goes. I know that you (Rick) mentioned your church is doing something once a month and Mark's (Richland Creek) is doing something once a month but there is room in there for something else. We will see. If nothing else, between the three of us we have a strong start.

Any input anyone has would be great. Not looking for something super structured, but am looking to put some structure where there is none currently. I can speak for Mark and Myself that we are casual, friendly, gamers who enjoy an eclectic variety (Euro and War/history) of games.

If you are in the area post and let me know!

PS Rick you need to let me know when your meet up is. Thanks.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rick Carnagey
United States
Wake Forest
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
baymonkey wrote:
joefain wrote:

PS Rick you need to let me know when your meet up is. Thanks.

I just heard yesterday the plan is for June 11th at 4pm for our next gameday but it hadn't been confirmed with the rest of the main people yet. I'll let you know if it changes, for now put it down the 11th at 4pm. Hopefully we can get group to grow for some local gaming!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sceadeau D'Tela
United States
Greensboro
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
You can check out Meetup.com, there are a bunch of gaming happening in your area.

I run a group in Greensboro that meets every Friday at my place.

There is one in Winston that meets every other thursday, I believe.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gregory Bay
United States
Kernersville
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mb
I live in Wake Forest and most of the gaming is in Cary, South Raleigh, Triangle area in general. A lot of these places are over 30 mins away. I would like something closer.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Doug Bass
United States
Winston-Salem
North Carolina
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Sceadeau wrote:
There is one in Winston that meets every other thursday, I believe.

Yes, Winston would be a drive for you, but for others who might be interested:

We alternate Tuesdays and Thursdays and also play every other Saturday. The address on Meetup is Camel City Gamers.

Thanks for the plug, Sceadeau.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Korfmann
United States
Wilson
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I live in Wilson and haven't found anything here.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ron McClung
United States
Fort Mill
South Carolina
flag msg tools
Check out MACE 2011, a gaming con in High Point, and you can meet a ton of local Carolina table top gamers.

http://www.justusproductions.com/mace/

We include a lot of different games including board games, a board game library and an open board game area

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rick Carnagey
United States
Wake Forest
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
We are having a game night this Saturday starting at 4pm

Location is 190 woodland church rd. Wake Forest, NC

It will be in the fellowship hall of Woodland Baptist church.

Anyone who wants to come is more than welcome

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Greg R.
United States
Indian Trail
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hello, are you still meeting up to play these days? I live in Wake Forest. I'm new to the hobby and have a few newer board games.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gregory Bay
United States
Kernersville
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mb
Greetings Greg from another Greg. We play games. Rick, who you will see in this thread, has a regular/somewhat regular meeting on saturdays at his Church. The game connection in Knightdale Tuesday nights is great place to go. As well, those of us here do game nights throughout month as well. Usually we contact each other and plan for one. Would love to have you come along! What do you like to play and have on your shelf? Send me a msg. and we can plan something!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rick Carnagey
United States
Wake Forest
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi Greg,

We will be having another game night soon. I'm not sure yet if it will be at the church or at The Forks restaurant in Wake Forest. The Forks has said we could use one of their meeting rooms as long as everyone eats there for no charge.

I'll post back here once we have a firm date and give directions.

It looks like we are starting to get a number of gamers in the Wake Forest area, hopefully we can start some sort of regular game night or something.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Korfmann
United States
Wilson
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
netizen wrote:
The Forks has said we could use one of their meeting rooms as long as everyone eats there for no charge.

Wow, you can eat for no charge!? I'm in!

Quote:
Do you wanna eat Gramma?
Do you wanna eat, Gramma?
Punctuation saves lives...
meeple

Anyway... sorry to barge in, but my wife and I live in Wilson which is not too far away. We'd love to be involved in something semi-regular. We have a few friends in town that we play games with who might like to be involved as well. Here's what we could bring to the table:
Carcassonne et al, Munchkin, Flash Point: Fire Rescue, Pandemic + expansion, Ticket to Ride, Panic Station, Qwirkle, Dixit, Ultimate Werewolf, and Bohnanza. Can we crash the party?

I noticed (from your badges) that some of you have kids. We have two small kids as well. What kind of arrangements do you typically make for kids? Any at all?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rick Carnagey
United States
Wake Forest
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I never was very good with Grandma... err I mean Grammar

We haven't ever tried gaming at the Forks yet. It will be a trial and error thing. If you are unfamiliar with The forks, it is cafeteria style, kind of like K&S, or K&W, but a bit smaller scale.

I don't have young kids anymore, but was thinking of games like sorry sliders... or rebound or something like that. Maybe Gregg has some other ideas since he is the child expert in this thread

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Korfmann
United States
Wilson
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Is your church still a viable venue. I'm sorry I missed that last time.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rick Carnagey
United States
Wake Forest
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
ckorfmann wrote:
Is your church still a viable venue. I'm sorry I missed that last time.

yes it is, and we will be picking a date soon for the next game night. Not sure if it will be in February or March yet but I will post here as soon as it is decided. Would love to have you come join us

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dylan Hensler
United States
North Carolina
flag msg tools
I live in Fayetteville, NC and could probably come to a Wake Forest game night occasionally. I think it's 1 - 1.5 hours to drive, so I couldn't do it too often, but I'd make the trip for good games and good fun every once in a while.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Greg R.
United States
Indian Trail
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Sweet! I just checked back in on this thread. Sorry I missed today. I also have 4 kids and another on the way so it might be hard for me to get away sometimes but I will definitely try my best!

Games I have:

Smallworld
Agricola
Settlers of America
Struggle for Rome
Mansions of Madness
Merchants and Marauders
Ticket to Ride
Kachina
Hive

I have Drum Roll coming in the mail and I Kick-started Briefcase so that will be coming in June. I also plan on getting Powergrid next month but I would love to learn from someone.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Korfmann
United States
Wilson
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Here are a few ideas I had today. What does everyone think about using MeetUp, or something like it, for this? I've never used it, but it seems like it would work just fine.

Should we start throwing out possible dates for this? I'll go out on a limb and say that probably Saturday would be the best day, wouldn't it? I'm flexible, but I have some friends who might come and Saturdays are best for them for sure. When is SE's spring break, would that be the best time?

For those of us with kids, what do you think about everybody chipping in a few $$ and hiring someone to keep an eye on the little ones. This could be a couple girls from SE or someone's church, or another person who people would be comfortable with. It would likely work best if we do end up meeting at a church. Then maybe they could use a kids room that already has toys or other things for entertainment.

Just wanted to toss these ideas out there.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rick Carnagey
United States
Wake Forest
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm fine with using Meetup. I am already using it for a few gaming groups now. It works pretty well.

Saturdays are probably best for most people I am thinking. I'm not sure when SE's (South Eastern?) spring break. Anyone know?

If we end up using my church, I think we can find some of the teens that would be willing to watch the kids. I talked with our youth minister about it and he felt that was very possible.

As far as using my church goes, the first available dates are in April now. I will need to check to see which are available. Someone else may have dates available sooner though. We can see if anyone posts anything.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Korfmann
United States
Wilson
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Sounds good, keep us posted.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gregory Bay
United States
Kernersville
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mb
Spring break is next week with Easter break the first week in April.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Korfmann
United States
Wilson
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It's been a while since we've talked about it. Is there still an interest in getting together? I think SE should be finished by now. Do we want to schedule something?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.