BoardGameGeek» Forums » Game Groups » Canada » Ontario

Subject: CastleCon 2011 rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
CastleCon IV
Canada
flag msg tools
mb
Here is a link to the CastleCon 2011 Demo Schedule. Once we have a better idea of all of the sponsorship support we'll be getting, times will be added to the schedule. If you want to reserve a spot, please comment on the geeklist!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Greig
Canada
Peterborough
Ontario
flag msg tools
Always believe
badge
I went out there in search of experience, to taste and to touch and to feel as much, as a man can before he repents...
mbmbmbmbmb
Math Trade Info:

Math Trade Geeklist: http://www.boardgamegeek.com/geeklist/72672/castlecon-no-shi...
Math Trade Request List: http://www.boardgamegeek.com/geeklist/72671/castlecon-no-shi...
Math Trade Discussion Thread: http://www.boardgamegeek.com/thread/703889/castlecon-no-ship...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Greig
Canada
Peterborough
Ontario
flag msg tools
Always believe
badge
I went out there in search of experience, to taste and to touch and to feel as much, as a man can before he repents...
mbmbmbmbmb
Daily Rates have been posted for CastleCon.

www.CastleCon.net
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ezra Nicholson
Canada
St. Thomas
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
What is the policy for food and drinks in the game rooms? What about alcoholic beverages? Looking forward to it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Greig
Canada
Peterborough
Ontario
flag msg tools
Always believe
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
colnago wrote:
What is the policy for food and drinks in the game rooms? What about alcoholic beverages? Looking forward to it.

I can tell you my own policy for drinks in the games room.... whistle

I'll be bringing some Scotch to sip on in the late evening. I hope.

I'll let Rich answer "officially" as he has been dealing with the hotel.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sara VanderWal
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I think the small font is the key there

Given the ridiculousness of Ontario liquor laws, policy is most likely "not allowed"

Reality is more likely that semi-opaque or stainless steel water bottles don't get checked. ;-)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Diosi
Canada
Newcastle
Ontario
flag msg tools
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
A plexiglass sheet with hardboard backing attached was left at the hotel. Please contact me via GM if it is yours so that I can try and get it returned to you.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sara VanderWal
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Loved this weekend and everything about this convention. The open-gaming and schedule freedom of Niagara BGW but with great add-ins of the over-structured cons like auctions, raffles, door prizes and demos! Will definitely be back.

Unfortunately, we lost precious gaming time by staying too far from the Convention itself. Next year, we should try for a room on the 2nd floor, instead of the suburban-like 6th floor!

Thanks to Greig, Doc and Chris. Especially for a first event, you guys did an amazing job and should be very proud of everything. A special thanks to everyone who entertained my 4am gaming habits as well.. next year I'm hoping for more gamers with late-night stamina to take advantage of this 24 hour option!

See you all next year!!

P.S. next year I'm planning to buy even more raffle tickets so everyone else should step up their game too. ;-P
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Scott
Canada
Port Perry
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Echoing Sara, as above .. (but now I see why you won so many raffle prizes!)

I had a great time at the event, saw some folks that I had met though the game group that recently adopted me, and also made some new friends.

Unfortunatley I could only stay for Saturday but I had a great time. Thanks to Fun Games Cafe for helping me overspend my budget on newly-released and high-ranking games on my wishlist, as well.

Big thanks to Doc for running with the demos of Core Worlds, but also a thanks to Greig and Chris for organizing a great event. I can't wait until next year!!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
M. B.
Canada
Oshawa
Ontario
flag msg tools
Look down.
badge
Ooooo! Ahhhhh!
mbmbmbmbmb
Had a GREAT weekend.

Good: organization, game demos, diversity of games, prizes, games for sale, and very friendly company. Was a very comfortable gaming room and location.

Will DEFINITELY be pre-registering for next year.

Two thumbs way up! Thanks to everyone for making it happen!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Greig
Canada
Peterborough
Ontario
flag msg tools
Always believe
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
First off, I would like to thank all of those who attended CastleCon for making it the success that it has turned out to be. Without your support we wouldn't have had a convention, so thank you for preordering tickets and showing up to play games! In a word, we felt the weekend was "awesome!"

We are planning on running CastleCon Part Deux next year and already have a planning meeting scheduled within the next month. We will be reviewing the surveys that were filled out at the convention as well as taking heed of all words written in various forums on the interwebs. If you have feedback for us, good or bad, please feel free to email, geekmail or just plain post what you thought of the convention and how we can make it better for you.

It was our first time ever running a convention and are pleased with the results. We were going for a relaxed gaming atmosphere with a little bit of structure with some demos and added value in raffles, door prizes and an auction. Based on immediate feedback, we were successful in delivering that and hope to grow on it in the future.

As a side note, while all of Chris, Rich and I are members of TABS and regular attendees to their quarterly TABScon, CastleCon is not a TABS event, nor is it affiliated with TABS in anyway. We acknowledge the massively positive impact TABS has had on the gaming community in Toronto and all of Southern Ontario and hope that they continue doing their great work. And we hope that CastleCon will grow to have the same sort of familiarity with gamers in Ontario in the future.

Personally, I would like to thank both Chris and Rich for including me in CastleCon. Discussions of the possibility of a weekend convention started over a year ago and I joined in this past February being able to see our dream to fruition. Both were acquaintances to start and I'm pleased to now classify both as friends.

Thanks to Sara and Duncan for demoing Panic Station for me on Saturday when I had to step away from the convention for personal reasons.

I met a lot of great people on the weekend who learned games from me, taught me games and enjoyed an amazing weekend. All said, I played about twenty five games over the weekend with over thirty attendees. Thanks for an amazing weekend!

Greig.
www.castlecon.net
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
SHIMMER
United States
Bailey
Colorado
flag msg tools
Well behaved women, seldom make history.
mbmbmbmbmb
CastleCon Microbadge in progress. Please feel free to vote.

Based on feedback from poll, geek mail, and forums...

CastleCon
Poll
Updated Options
  Your Answer   Vote Percent Vote Count

(original poll winner)
16.7% 3

77.8% 14

5.6% 1

0.0% 0
Voters 18
This poll is now closed.   18 answers
Poll created by kristiefix
Closes: Tue Feb 7, 2012 6:00 am

This poll ends February 7, 2012. Thanks!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
SHIMMER
United States
Bailey
Colorado
flag msg tools
Well behaved women, seldom make history.
mbmbmbmbmb
Ok, it is in the system.
Name: CastleCon attendee
mb

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Greig
Canada
Peterborough
Ontario
flag msg tools
Always believe
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
If you'd like to buy and proudly display a CastleCon Attendee Microbadge, but don't have the funds to buy one, please PM me.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Prev «  1 , 2  | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.