$10.00
Todd France
United States
flag msg tools
IF ONLY I had a plan...
badge
The lesser of two evils?
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm sure you've noticed there's an active Play-by-Forum community for Battlestar Galactica. there have been around 200 games started to this point, with about 30 currently active, for somewhere around 150 current participants, plus more waiting to play.

Well, we use a lot of color coding the forums when playing BSG. The available quick codes are really convenient. You have them for Leadership, Piloting, and Engineering, but not for Tactics or Treachery; Politics technically has one, but most people use orange to make the color legible.

It would be really great if you added a few more colors for those of us that use them all the time:
o{orange}o for Politics
p{purple}p for Tactics
Treachery is more tricky, since you're already using "b", but t{brown}t (for Treachery) or any other letter would work well enough for our purposes.

This would sure beat the heck out of typing the color every time we play a card. It would be much appreciated.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Vollick
Canada
St. Thomas
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Super idea. I hope this gets some traction.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
ackmondual
United States
SoCal
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
hmmm, didn't know this was up to the BGG site admins to add this. I just assumed it came default as the forum system they used. Of course, given how robust BGG is, they probably did build the site from the ground up, which means they would have the capability to do so (although I fear such a feature request will get bumped to the VERY back of a long list of other, more prominent features )

Yeah, I first saw our mod TimmyToby use these new tags for BSG PBF 160. It blew my mind@!
In the meantime, bookmark this link to gain easier access to all of the color formattings.....

http://boardgamegeek.com/geeklist/53829/item/1258933#item125...

It may be a bit of work to navigate to that geek entry, click on "quick quote", and then copy what you need, so I'd highly recommend you copy all of that to a textpad/notepad file on your computer for quicker access. For my previous games, I also ended up putting a copy on my work computer as well, and ended up adding Lines of succession for quick reference, and which BGG user is associated with which character (since some people just plum didn't bother identifying themselves; or for those who do, every now and then they want to post something quickly so forget about that.)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Folke
Denmark
Lyngby (Copenhagen)
flag msg tools
Pierce 2
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks! Didn't know about those shortcuts. Agree that more would be helpful.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Klaus
Austria
Vienna
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm probably only nitpicking, but is anyone else a little annoyed that g { green } g and [ color=green ] don't match?

(For the record, I prefer the second one.)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
ackmondual
United States
SoCal
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hannibal Rex wrote:
I'm probably only nitpicking, but is anyone else a little annoyed that g { green } g and [ color=green ] don't match?
For some people, I suppose it would now that it was pointed out , and now that they can see them side by side. I for one don't mind, so long it's not a color that blends in with something else (like how some of the Treacherys look more yellow than brown).

hmmmmm.....
curly vs square
curly vs square

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.