Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Amy Wiles
United States
Macon
Georgia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

According to the rules, if a player earns a bonus play by scoring 18 in a color, he takes his extra play before "refreshing" his hand (drawing up to 6).

Also according to the rules, if a player does not possess any tiles containing a color in currently with the lowest score, he may swap tiles, again before "refreshing" his hand.

So if a player earns a bonus play and a tile swap in the same turn, which order must these occur in, or is it up to the player? Must he take his bonus play first, then tile swap? Or must he tile swap then take his extra move? Or may he chose the order?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sam Link
United States
Pittsburgh
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The bonus play comes first, then the player can swap out the 4 (or fewer) remaining tiles.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Go Take A Hike
United States
Columbus
Ohio
flag msg tools
Where's the beef?!
badge
I don't think anybody's back there.
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm at a softball tournament so this is off the top of me head but I don't think you can swap tile as part of your bonus. If you earn a bonus from a play then you play out the rest of your turn (including bonuses) with whatever tiles you have. Then you can swap as the very last step of youryurn.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Derek Thompson
United States
Marion
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
They're right. The bonus play is NOT another turn, it's a two-action turn. Then at the END of your turn (bonus play or not), you can swap tiles.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Amy Wiles
United States
Macon
Georgia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

Thanks, everyone! I realize it's not another turn, but the rules just aren't clear about if there's a certain order you would complete them in. For both special cases, all it says is that you complete the action before you draw up to six.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gregory Kikola
United States
Parkville
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
amwiles wrote:

Thanks, everyone! I realize it's not another turn, but the rules just aren't clear about if there's a certain order you would complete them in.

Are these the Fantasy Flight rules? My copy says that the bonus play is "instant," which should imply that it is done immediately after calling "ingenious."
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Amy Wiles
United States
Macon
Georgia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
gkikola wrote:
amwiles wrote:

Thanks, everyone! I realize it's not another turn, but the rules just aren't clear about if there's a certain order you would complete them in.

Are these the Fantasy Flight rules? My copy says that the bonus play is "instant," which should imply that it is done immediately after calling "ingenious."

Hmm. It does. How did we not see that!? blush
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.