Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Patrick Ross
United States
Winfield
Kansas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Many of the invention cards contain symbols or numbers within parentheses. Although I seem to have figured out the workings of each of the cards, but the meaning behind the parenthetic information escapes me.

Here are my best guesses.

Many of the resource taking invention cards contain this information: (1), (1/2), (1/2/3) (1/2/3/4). I believe the number indicates how many cubes can be taken with a single action. If more than one number is listed, then the player may have mutiple options.

The invention buying discount cards (statue, ax, sailing ship, city wall) contain this information: (-1). I guess this refers to the one card discount.

The draw well has some symbology regarding the settlement stones in parentheses. It appears to mean that this only applies to villages, not cities.

Coinage and Vault both contain a picture of the coinage symbol in parentheses. In the case of the vault, the symbol is crossed out. The vault cannot be used in combination with the coinage invention. The coinage invention can only be applied to the coinage card.

My general conclusion is that the parenthetic information is just meant as clarification on some cards, but not others. However, the rules information indicates that parenthetic information means "or else," which makes absolutely no sense.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Doug Adams
Australia
Oakleigh
Victoria
flag msg tools
NASA Dawn approaching Ceres
mbmbmbmbmb
It sounds like you have worked it all out. There is an English version of the card cheat sheet which confirms all your conclusions.

http://www.ddd-verlag.de/pdfs/Uruk_Inventions_Leaflet_en_V1....
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Shillinglaw
Canada
Kitchener
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
dougadamsau wrote:
It sounds like you have worked it all out. There is an English version of the card cheat sheet which confirms all your conclusions.

http://www.ddd-verlag.de/pdfs/Uruk_Inventions_Leaflet_en_V1....

Thank you very much for this link! It'll make teaching the game so much easier!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.