$10.00
Recommend
 
 Thumb up
 Hide
8 Posts

Imperial» Forums » Rules

Subject: Bonds question rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jorge Antonio Sánchez Sánchez
Spain
LM City
Madrid
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Should any bond be returned by the players to the country when the first step of the Invest phase is performed?

I know you pay more than the interests, but shouldn´t then be paid those amounts of money plus the interests?

I think it´d have sense because once the country pays its debts, it´d be released of its obligations.

 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Babis Tsimoris
Greece
Salonica
flag msg tools
Be the Miracle!
badge
Knowledge is power!
mbmbmbmbmb
not quite sure what are you asking exactly but no. why should they be returned unless it's an upgrade?
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jorge Antonio Sánchez Sánchez
Spain
LM City
Madrid
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
When you get a loan you´re not paying it forever. Once you give the money and its interests back, your debt has end. Why should a country pay every time the investor action is played?
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls

Lacombe
Louisiana
msg tools
Suddenly a shot rang out! A door slammed. The maid screamed. Suddenly a pirate ship appeared on the horizon! While millions of people were starving, the king lived in luxury. Meanwhile, on a small farm in Kansas, a boy was growing up.
mbmbmbmbmb
Flojo wrote:
When you get a loan you´re not paying it forever. Once you give the money and its interests back, your debt has end. Why should a country pay every time the investor action is played?


That's just the thing: The countries in Imperial never pay back more than the interest on their debts.
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Carsten Loehn
Germany
Dietzenbach
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Like in real world: The countries never pay back their loans. :-)
4 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Babis Tsimoris
Greece
Salonica
flag msg tools
Be the Miracle!
badge
Knowledge is power!
mbmbmbmbmb
loans??? what are you talking about???? there are no loans in the game surprisesurprise
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jorge Antonio Sánchez Sánchez
Spain
LM City
Madrid
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Siromist wrote:
loans??? what are you talking about???? there are no loans in the game :surprise::surprise:


It was an example. :laugh:
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tim Schwarz
United States
Decatur
Georgia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
NateStraight wrote:
Flojo wrote:
When you get a loan you´re not paying it forever. Once you give the money and its interests back, your debt has end. Why should a country pay every time the investor action is played?


That's just the thing: The countries in Imperial never pay back more than the interest on their debts.


This is exactly right.

I'm not sure if it's a traslation issue, but the wording in the rules would be more correct if "shares" was used istead of "bonds" in order to avoid confusions exactly like the OP's problem.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.