Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Joe Bockerstette
United States
Kansas City
MO
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It's pretty simple. I bought 5 white Meeples from Meeplesource.com and painted colored faces on them of the 5 sled colors (i.e. yellow yeti for the yellow sled)

Each player is in control of their own yeti! The yetis start at the finish line and move just a fast as the controlling player's dog sled. The yetis don't drift, but can move over 1 space every turn. Yeti do get the speed bonuses applied to the controlling player's dog sled... why? because they do.

Yeti Actions:

Attack= If a yeti lands directly on a sled (friendly or not), it attacks. The sled gets a dent card and it's current brake is destroyed unable to be used for the rest of the race.

Hitch-a-ride= If a yeti passes by a sled, it can choose to jump on to the sled adding +2 to the sled's brake power for the rest of the race.

Yeti gets hit:

Sleds going less than a speed of 5 that hit a yeti receive a dent card and stop movement. The yeti is stunned for a turn.

Sleds going a speed 5 or more run-over the yeti, receives a dent card, and continues movement.

If a player's sled is destroyed, their yeti goes wild. The player continues playing as the yeti moving up and down the race track as they wish trying to attack or hitch-a-ride.

Sure that works, right?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick Case
England
Epsom
Surrey
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmb
Sigh.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe Bockerstette
United States
Kansas City
MO
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Big Bad Lex wrote:
Sigh.

I know... I know.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gabriel Kitterman
United States
Silverton
Oregon
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
I like the idea but I would lean towards a simpler rule set.

Maybe just one yeti towards the end of the track. Anyone can use one of their speed points to move the Yeti. Hitting a Yeti is just like hitting another sled.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe Bockerstette
United States
Kansas City
MO
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I like that idea. Lately, I've been trying to put together a variant with a die like the one in Survive. Players would move different creatures on the track or place them a tile ahead, if not already present.

I've been toying with the treeples representing treants or maniac christmas trees, white meeples as yetis, and I have bunnies from Dixit to act as speed bumps that deny you two speed points.

I like to fiddle too much for anything to really stick.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom Freeman
United Kingdom
London
London
flag msg tools
Anyone else got Ice Flow? The polar beeples in that fit the Snow Tails squares and the game aesthetics perfectly!

I'm thinking about something along the lines of:

At the start of the race there are several beeples waiting in the woods at the side of the track in strategic locations (as part of the setup).

In a 'race season', all players except the player leading the tournament start the race with one of the Ice Flow wooden fish on their sled, and as they go past one of the lurking bears they can drop a fish on the track. Then, moving at a steady one space a round, the bear proceeds from the edge of the track to the fish and then turns 90 degrees and heads straight up the track after the disappearing sled (hoping for more). It just heads in a straight line, so when it reaches a corner it'll go off the edge of the track (that way no one needs to 'control' the bear).

If you hit the bear, you get a dent card and don't replenish your hand (so you're in right trouble).

So the effect is a bit like dropping an oil slick behind your car in a mariokart style video game - you're leaving an obstacle behind you for those coming up behind, giving you a chance to get ahead.

At the end of the race, anyone with an unused fish can carry it over to the next race.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.