Grant
United States
Cuyahoga Falls
Ohio
flag msg tools
One of the best gaming weekends in Ohio since 2010. Search facebook for "BOGA Weekend Retreat" for more info!
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Ponton's Geeklist is the definitive source of information. You can see that card's entry here:
Emporium in the Extensive Le Havre Buildings Reference and FAQ

To answer the question, you can buy at most ONE of each good that is for sale.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard McCormack
United Kingdom
Nottingham
Nottinghamshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
This card came out for us last night , but 1 player had already used it twice without the restriction before we started to question it .
I cant believe it went through playtesting with that wording on the card it really is poor

"Buy at most 1 of each upgraded goods at 1F..." would have been the obvious choice for the cards text.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Grzegorz Kobiela
Germany
Hanover
Lower Saxony
flag msg tools
designer
I SEE YOU!
mbmbmbmbmb
Defendo wrote:
This card came out for us last night , but 1 player had already used it twice without the restriction before we started to question it .
I cant believe it went through playtesting with that wording on the card it really is poor

"Buy at most 1 of each upgraded goods at 1F..." would have been the obvious choice for the cards text.

Playtesting is done in Germany, with German cards. They are then translated into English. And believe me, our German cards aren't worded poorly.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard McCormack
United Kingdom
Nottingham
Nottinghamshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Ponton wrote:
Playtesting is done in Germany, with German cards. They are then translated into English. And believe me, our German cards aren't worded poorly.

I do believe you, but it simply highlights a serious problem in the process if you do not have anyone playtesting the english versions of cards before they get released.

Or if you do (have german & english speaking testers), make sure they did not see or play the german text versions and therefore are seeing the cards for the very first time in english that way you see a fresh perspective on the cards interpreted meaning.

We have 6 experienced players in our group and none of us picked up on the restriction this card was 'supposed' to have until it was to late.

2 of them now refuse to play this expansion at all for fear of more imbalance
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard McCormack
United Kingdom
Nottingham
Nottinghamshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
If you do make any more expansions, i would gladly volunteer our group to proof read and playtest the english cards for you.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Grzegorz Kobiela
Germany
Hanover
Lower Saxony
flag msg tools
designer
I SEE YOU!
mbmbmbmbmb
I haven't been involved in the translation process, so I cannot give more detail on this.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.