Popular Tags: [View All]
Cate
United States
Mequon
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
No good deed goes unpunished.
badge
Ring the bells that still can ring, Forget your perfect offering, There's a crack in everything, That's how the light gets in. - Leonard Cohen
mbmbmbmbmb
Paolo Robino wrote:
Cate108 wrote:
xenotime wrote:
I saw you like Northern Exposure (me too!) - if you were to move to Cicely, just like Joel, what game(s) would you take with you?

Cicely is obviously a party game town. I would take Wits and Wagers, Say Anything, Apples to Apples, Cosmic Encounter, and Telestrations.

I would also play Twilight Struggle with Maurice, Time's Up (original version) with Chris and Crokinole with Marilyn.

Twilight Struggle with Maurice would be a... hmmm... interesting experience. Hopefully not ending in a grudge like that between him and Holling. laugh

(When I was RPGGeek of the Week, they asked me a similar question about RPGs, and I involved Ed, Chris and Joel in my answer. )

Ed! I love Ed! I could not remember his name last night.

I would play anything with Ed. I bet he would like cooperative games. I also bet that he would make amazing (and unusual) gaming videos.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
mike paul
United States
Milwaukee
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thank you for generating so many responses to being GotW. Reading through all nine pages has eaten up much of morning at work (and that is a good thing). You know Cate is a class act when she takes the time to respond to everyone.

I've meet many gamers over the years and no one comes close to her generosity, in fact I don't think I've meet anyone so selfless. She wears her smile well.

Keep on gaming.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cate
United States
Mequon
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
badge
Ring the bells that still can ring, Forget your perfect offering, There's a crack in everything, That's how the light gets in. - Leonard Cohen
mbmbmbmbmb
eimative wrote:
Thank you for generating so many responses to being GotW. Reading through all nine pages has eaten up much of morning at work (and that is a good thing). You know Cate is a class act when she takes the time to respond to everyone.

I've meet many gamers over the years and no one comes close to her generosity, in fact I don't think I've meet anyone so selfless. She wears her smile well.

Keep on gaming.

Actually, I feel bad that I did not reply to everyone. There were many people who wrote with good wishes that received no reply.

I am trying to keep up with the questions (and kitty pictures kiss ) but life business has gotten in the way.

Gotta go now. Liz is visiting and I want to teach her Biblios. I have been airing out the cards all yesterday (they have a strong chemical smell).

Plus, it is lovely outside.

I will try to visit a few times more before I hand over the torch to my worthy successor. Here is a hint... he is awesome! meeple laugh

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Josh
Canada
Cambridge
Ontario
flag msg tools
“Some people never go crazy. What truly horrible lives they must lead.” -Bukowski
badge
“And those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music.” -Friedrich Nietzsche
mbmbmbmbmb
Cate108 wrote:
Here is a hint... he is awesome! meeple laugh

Well that would narrow it down to a couple thousand BGGers...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cindy Nowak
United States
Kenosha
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Just one last quick thing from me - you mentioned you liked reading stories about people who travel, have you read The Historian by Elizabeth Kostova?

I started this one recently and I'm finding it eminently enjoyable. A story that spans from 1930 to modern times but is linked to "Drakulya"

From Publishers Weekly:
Quote:
Exotic locales, tantalizing history, a family legacy and a love of the bloodthirsty: it's hard to imagine that readers won't be bitten, too.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cate
United States
Mequon
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
scoutmom wrote:
Just one last quick thing from me - you mentioned you liked reading stories about people who travel, have you read The Historian by Elizabeth Kostova?

I started this one recently and I'm finding it eminently enjoyable. A story that spans from 1930 to modern times but is linked to "Drakulya"

From Publishers Weekly:
Quote:
Exotic locales, tantalizing history, a family legacy and a love of the bloodthirsty: it's hard to imagine that readers won't be bitten, too.

OooooOOOoooo... That sound great. I will put that on my list. Thank you!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nevov
England
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Late congratulations Cate!!

Here's a few Firefly questions for you, following up on your Jayne's hat in your avatar and Serenity RPG experience:
mb
1. How high up is Firefly in your favourite TV series? If not top, what do you rate higher (and why?!)?
2. Do you have a favourite episode or scene?
3. Do you have a favourite character?

Go Pack, Go! And some Packer questions:
mb
1. What do you think the chances are of there being a full season played due to the labour dispute?
2. If the season goes ahead, how do you rate the Pack's chances?
3. Have you signed any hot new players to watch out for?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Chen
United States
Green Bay
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
designer
This looks tasty...
badge
Yuck!
mbmbmbmbmb
Cate108 wrote:

squash wrote:
PERTAINING TO GAMES

Will you be purchasing the Empires: Builder Expansion when it is available?

I might. I have not played the core game for years but I have fond memories of it.

Oh Cate. You do know that this was a game that Christy and I introduced to you, right? And that you went to the store that weekend and bought it, right?

Now, because we've been such good friends, it seems like we've known each other for years? (I think that's the interpretation we should agree to go forward with. And how long we've been friends will be our secret. ninja )
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jack K
United States
Milwaukee
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Cool new Avatar Dan!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Larry Kruger
United States
West Allis
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Although I'm late to the party, I want to congratulate you. Now everyone else will get to know the generous and fun person that you are in the way that I have learned over the last couple years.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cate
United States
Mequon
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Nevov wrote:
Late congratulations Cate!!

Here's a few Firefly questions for you, following up on your Jayne's hat in your avatar and Serenity RPG experience:
mb

Thank you! I love to talk about Firefly!

Nevov wrote:
1. How high up is Firefly in your favourite TV series? If not top, what do you rate higher (and why?!)?

On the top. Best TV show ever. I think one of the things that makes it so wonderful is that it never had a chance to jump the shark or let Whedon twist the characters' relationships.

Nevov wrote:
2. Do you have a favourite episode or scene?

They rotate. I will say "Out of Gas" for now.

Nevov wrote:
3. Do you have a favourite character?

They rotate. I did name a kitty Zoey. By the way, in my 'Verse, Book and Wash are still alive.

Nevov wrote:
Go Pack, Go! And some Packer questions:
mb
1. What do you think the chances are of there being a full season played due to the labour dispute?

Yay, Pack! I am almost required by Law to be a Packers fan because I was born about a mile from Lambeau Field. I lived just a few blocks from Bart Starr (I would watch him mow his lawn when I was a kid. laugh ).

Having said that, I am not too interested when millionaires and billionaires fight over scraps.

Nevov wrote:
2. If the season goes ahead, how do you rate the Pack's chances?

I always believe they will win.

Nevov wrote:
3. Have you signed any hot new players to watch out for?

I don't know. I am still making googly eyes at Aaron Rodgers. cool

Thanks for your kind words and fun comments.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cate
United States
Mequon
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
TrojanDan wrote:
Cate108 wrote:

squash wrote:
PERTAINING TO GAMES

Will you be purchasing the Empires: Builder Expansion when it is available?

I might. I have not played the core game for years but I have fond memories of it.

Oh Cate. You do know that this was a game that Christy and I introduced to you, right? And that you went to the store that weekend and bought it, right?

Now, because we've been such good friends, it seems like we've known each other for years? (I think that's the interpretation we should agree to go forward with. And how long we've been friends will be our secret. ninja )

Of course, those were the fond memories I was thinking of!!! meeple

Now that we are all BFFs - Times does not matter. I see that you have my new BFF on your avatar. What a cutie!

Thank you for your kind words and I hope to see you all soon.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cate
United States
Mequon
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
LarryKruger wrote:
Although I'm late to the party, I want to congratulate you. Now everyone else will get to know the generous and fun person that you are in the way that I have learned over the last couple years.

Thank you!

When are we going to play a game together? I hope it is soon!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mousey
Netherlands
Santpoort-Zuid
a nice small town near the sea
flag msg tools
ESSEN The Game: SPIEL '13 Featuring Jonah
badge
RWC2015: Can't wait for it to start.
mbmbmbmbmb
Mousey wrote:
And what arrived today in the mail:
A postcard from Cate for my youngest son.

How cool is that!!!

Thank you Cate!!!!

And today the second card arrived, my oldest just loved it that the card was a folded card hiding the text (and he liked he jokes too).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
VETRHUS of Rogaland
United States
Milwaukee
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
An ash I know, Yggdrasil its name. With water white is the great tree wet; thence come the dews that fall in the dales. Green by Urth's well does it ever grow.
mbmbmbmbmb
I've come back from a BGG hiatus just to say a well-deserved congrats Cate!

Thanks for your benevolent organization of CateCon and your compassionate care for so many Milwaukee area gamers (and beyond). You're a pillar of the local community and I am glad that so many others get to interact with you as well. I love that you set up Monday night gaming at Von Trier--that's a dream come true, gaming at my favorite bar in Brewtown..

I'm thankful that I call you a friend. I'm beaming with pride at this honor...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cate
United States
Mequon
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
diehard4life wrote:
I've come back from a BGG hiatus just to say a well-deserved congrats Cate!

Thanks for your benevolent organization of CateCon and your compassionate care for so many Milwaukee area gamers (and beyond). You're a pillar of the local community and I am glad that so many others get to interact with you as well. I love that you set up Monday night gaming at Von Trier--that's a dream come true, gaming at my favorite bar in Brewtown..

I'm thankful that I call you a friend. I'm beaming with pride at this honor...

Hey Christian,

Thanks for your kind words. I am delighted to call you my friend too.

CateCon is a blast. Hope you like Tacos!

So is Von Trier Mondays. Oh, just a reminded... there will be no gaming next Monday at VT due to the 4th of July. There will be gaming two weeks after that, though.

I like the Bronz Fonz... It makes Milwaukee just a little more surreal.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
[1]  Prev «  5 , 6 , 7 , 8 , 9  | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.