Popular Tags: [View All]
Giant Robot
United States
Belleville
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Sweden falls. (Boy, did she fall hard.)

4 Players: Tim, Rich, myself, my son (age 9) attempted to guide our prominent families through the ages.

Through the first era, we all managed to do moderately well. We all seemed to have 3 or 4 fiefs, a little money and a decent base of merchants. All except for Tim, whose merchants were forced home by a war with Prussia. We managed to win the war with Prussia, during which Rich played a card that removed 2 enemy combat cards and if the battle was won, at the end of the game the card is worth 1 status point. (Remember this for later).

The 2nd era saw the crumbling of the Swedish Empire as the King fought a series of ill thought out wars vs. Denmark, Prussia, and Poland. In all we fought 4 wars, losing all of them. Another was started by my son, so as to knock out mine and Rich's merchant base. By the end of this age as a result of the lost wars, we had people losing their history cards, since they had no fiefs to loose. The only territory marked as owned on the map was one fief that was owned by my son.

The 3rd era saw us all trying to re-establish a source of income (merchants), so that we could at least try to buy one fief by game end.
We fought 2 wars with Russia and lost both thereby wiping out any gains we made by purchasing the fiefs. Tim had managed to get 3 merchants placed onto the map by game end.

At game end no one owned a fief, all history cards except 2 my son owned had been lost do to wars.

No one had enough gold (20) to earn a status point.
No one had any owned fiefs so no Crowns earned a status point.
No one had any fiefs so no Troop symbols earned a status point.
No status points were earned by History cards.
One person scored a status point from merchants.

My score: 0
My sons score: 0
Tim's score: 1 (3 merchants)
Rich's score: 1 (War event card)

Head to the first tie-breaker, most crown symbols on fief cards wins (inconclusive)
Head to the second tie-breaker, most history cards wins (inconclusive)
Head to the third tie-beraker, most gold wins (Rich 16, Tim 9)

Rich won by his event card played on turn 3.

Results 0-3 status points. With the political turmoil in France, a revolution takes place in Sweden also. The royal families face a cruel death at the hands of a mob on the streets of Stockholm.

Edit: We realized later that we were playing a rule wrong in this game. We were limiting each person to sending only one fief(troop) to war. We've played it correctly since then and had better results.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Martin Lindström
Sweden
Lund
Skåne
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Ron Stuckel wrote:
Edit: We realized later that we were playing a rule wrong in this game. We were limiting each person to sending only one fief(troop) to war. We've played it correctly since then and had better results.

You were not playing it incorrectly.. Each player is allowed to commit either zero or one fief cards during a war. The player may of course use his military cards (such as commanders) to boost the fighting power of that fief, but you are not allowed to commit two or more fiefs.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.