Subject: Rules on ladder placement rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Tables
United Kingdom
Coventry
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
This is something that has confused my group for a little bit, and the rule clarifications I've found don't seem to imply either way being right or wrong.

When you place a ladder, does one part of the ladder have to connect to a piece of path, or can the only connection of the ladder card be one of it's walls onto another paths wall side?

I'm fairly sure it's the first, but the rules as written suggest it's the second, which feels a bit weird to me, so a clarification would be useful.

Thanks.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
G@ry ☆
Hong Kong
flag msg tools
I get exactly same question while playing the game. I'd like to see the clarification either. There are total 4 ladder cards in the game. It'd be quite hard to block roads if a ladder could be placed wall to wall side.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bernd Keller
Germany
Dietzenbach
flag msg tools
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
Hey guys,

ladder cards have to be placed in a way that the ladder itself has a connection to the starting card. So no back to back placement.

I hope that helps.

Take care,
Bernd

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
G@ry ☆
Hong Kong
flag msg tools
But I think this reply from the designer doesn't match with your answer.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Frederic Moyersoen
Belgium
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmb
Any card you place in the gallery must match with an existing corridor. There is no exception for placing a card with a ladder.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.