Wichita
Kansas
flag msg tools
Every Man A Wildcat!
badge
Now when I say, "Who's the master?" You say, "Sho' Nuff!"
mbmbmbmbmb
Congrats Lars!!!

A heckuva good guy and a teacher. He's been teaching me Paths of Glory in more ways than one, and I've been having a blast.

Thanks so much and enjoy the well-deserved glory.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Larz Welo
Indonesia
Kalimantan
flag msg tools
I love People!
badge
I love Wargames!
mbmbmbmbmb
anglotiger wrote:
Hungadunga wrote:
IMAGINE! A wargamer becoming Geek of the Week!

Any why not? I'm not a war gamer, but there are a lot of types of games I don't play often but it's not as if that's a criteria for picking a successor as GotW, or a separate WGG site. Lars was just a good choice all around.

greatredwarrior wrote:
I'd like to answer this question in the classically Indonesian way, "I don't think the humidity will affect my games..." But seriously, this is a major concern of mine. Between rampant mold and a very unsealed house I'm not totally sure how to proceed.

Unsealed?

Ants are eating my home, the windows are loose, the door doesn't really close/is warped, and the foundation in the front is weak and therefore porous. Fear not...I don't own this home, but I do love living here. I could try to keep it shut up as much as possible, and that would probably make a big difference honestly, but I'm not sure.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Herron
United States
Johnson City
Tennessee
flag msg tools
Never play block wargames with a dentist, they have those little mirrors to peek behind the block.
mbmbmbmbmb
Quote:
but I've never seen one for sale here. I have been looking. Maybe I could find one on Java.

Is there a Sears available Indonesia? That is where I got mine. The ants would have me worried more than the humidity.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Larz Welo
Indonesia
Kalimantan
flag msg tools
I love People!
badge
I love Wargames!
mbmbmbmbmb
sherron wrote:
Quote:
but I've never seen one for sale here. I have been looking. Maybe I could find one on Java.

Is there a Sears available Indonesia? That is where I got mine. The ants would have me worried more than the humidity.

No sears, but lots of other stores with different names. The ants love food, and my concrete walls, and wood, but they aren't interested in paper. Also, the boardgames are on the top shelf of the bookshelf and if the ants try to move in they generally like to stay low. They did try to take over out bookshelves once after we'd lived here for about 3 weeks, we killed tens of thousands of them (literally...tens of thousands) using spray and then they didn't come back to the bookshelves. It's just way too exposed for them there.

There are 4 different breeds of ants in my home. There's a big black kind of which the numbers are always low (10s) and they are the worst at digging out our walls. This causes me some concern. There's the tiny black ones that will attack anything sugary/sweet in about 20 seconds. They're rabid, but don't do much except craw on stuff. There's the medium red ones that generally like to hang out in the front, but they love meat and will come inside to drag away a dead moth or some meat in the trash. When they bite, you know it. And then there's the squat black ones who are also quite small but have a much harder skeleton. They're not so bad...they like marching. Sometimes they'll crawl all over the dirty dishes (we try to do them as their used, but sometimes we're just not in the mood), but on the whole they just seem to move in and out of different rooms...kind of spooky.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Fraser
Australia
Melbourne
flag msg tools
admin
designer
Back in the days when there were less maps we played every map back to back
badge
Ooh a little higher, now a bit to the left, a little more, a little more, just a bit more. Oooh yes, that's the spot!
mbmbmbmbmb
G'day Lars,

I try to remember to ask each Geek of the Week these gaming related questions, so to start with here's the ever so slightly modified GeekSpeak Hook questions for you:
Favourite game(s) for d10-1 player (optional, many non-wargamers wouldn't have an answer for this)
Favourite game(s) for d10-2 players
Favourite game(s) for d10-3 players
Favourite game(s) for d10-4 players
Favourite game(s) for d10-5 players
Favourite game(s) for d10-6 players
Favourite game(s) for d10-7 or more players (and you may choose a Party Game here although I wouldn't meeple )

Also Word Association Football , I will list a word and you list a game or games that you associate with it. If you like you can expand and tell us if you like it/them or hate it/them and possibly why.

Space ships
Witches
Trains
Transport (may include trains)
Workers (paid or otherwise)
Trading
Building
Pink
Theme
Ships
Money
Purple
Government
Vampires
Infrastructure
Dice
Dinosaurs
Gemstones
Dragons
Beer
Wands

Is there any particular game that you have played recently, new or old, that you would like to recommend to readers of this thread? And optionally, why?

Last but not least, what are the five games that you have played most recently?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Larz Welo
Indonesia
Kalimantan
flag msg tools
I love People!
badge
I love Wargames!
mbmbmbmbmb

I've been waiting for you Fraser! Your time has come to be answered!

Karlsen wrote:

I try to remember to ask each Geek of the Week these gaming related questions, so to start with here's the ever so slightly modified GeekSpeak Hook questions for you:
Favourite game(s) for d10-1 player (optional, many non-wargamers wouldn't have an answer for this)

I love D-Day at Omaha Beach. It's pretty luck based, but still interesting and dynamic. I'm always sweating when the Germans start shooting and it doesn't use dice, which is just brilliant in a solo game.

Karlsen wrote:

Favourite game(s) for d10-2 players

Strategic Scale: Paths of Glory
Tactical Scale: Combat Commander: Pacific
They're just both so different. One plays so much faster, and they both use very different approaches.

Karlsen wrote:

Favourite game(s) for d10-3 players

God's Playground. I actually like this game, but I could like it less and it'd still probably be here. Most Euros are too weak at 3 players and my wargame experience with "3 player" wargames has been limited/disappointing. I'm still looking for opportunities for a good ETO game for three players.

Karlsen wrote:

Union Pacific is great with 4. Too many more and the downtime starts to kill, but 4 is a great number for this OOP gem. I really wish I could get a copy, but it looks like I'm probably out of luck.

Karlsen wrote:

Favourite game(s) for d10-5 players

Mission: Red Planet, actually BSG might be my favorite at this number, but I really wanted to give a shout-out to this underappreciated Euro. There's all kinds of conflict, but so much happens that can't be planned for or expected and often new players can do just as well as grizzled veterans.

Karlsen wrote:

Favourite game(s) for d10-6 players

Battlestar Galactica. Lots of people hate the sympathizer, but I don't. BSG is just as good with 5, but Mission plays best with 5 and BSG plays equally well with 5 or 6, so I've put it here. The hidden roles, the pressure, the tension...it's all priceless! It'd be hard for a brand new group to just pick up and go, but even with just one veteran this one soars.

Karlsen wrote:

Favourite game(s) for d10-7 or more players (and you may choose a Party Game here although I wouldn't meeple )

Civilization or BANG!. Bang! is great because it requires so little from anyone and can easily be understood and enjoyed in no time at all. Civilization is a masterpiece but can be ruined by AP players or someone who didn't realize the game would last long.

Karlsen wrote:

Also Word Association Football , I will list a word and you list a game or games that you associate with it. If you like you can expand and tell us if you like it/them or hate it/them and possibly why.

Space ships ---> Battlestar Galactica, Twilight Struggle, great word
Witches ---> Dominion? A stretch to say the least...
Trains ---> Mayfair Crayon Rail Games, 18AL, Union Pacific. I enjoy all these though they're quite different from each other.
Transport (may include trains) ---> Indonesia. I like it, but don't have a lot of chances to play it.
Workers (paid or otherwise) ---> Caylus. It's my favorite of the Worker Placement style games that I've played.
Trading ---> Jambo, Catan.
Building ---> Ingenious. It's like building...
Pink ---> Blitzkrieg. Beware the Pink Panzers!
Theme ---> Tales of the Arabian Nights. Theme sold as if it were a game. I still like it.
Ships ---> Indonesia, The Kaiser's Pirates. Really those have nothing to do with each other.
Money ---> Axis & Allies. I remember the money in our copy was so used it was grubby...plain nasty.
Purple ---> Here I Stand. The Holy Father is Purple...something to do with Rome no doubt.
Government ---> 1960: The Making of the President. I couldn't come up with much.
Vampires ---> ??? Sorry, nothing here.
Infrastructure ---> Union Pacific, Last Train to Wensleydale.
Dice ---> Here I Stand. One of my favorite memories was rolling 16 dice, 3 special yellow "Tercio" dice and getting 11 hits against the invading Ottomans.
Dinosaurs ---> Richard H. Berg
Gemstones ---> Magdar. I don't think there's any relationship, but I may have burned that memory from my mind.
Dragons ---> War of the Ring (first edition). It'd have been better with Dragons
Beer ---> Victory in the Pacific, the only game I've drank beer during. It wasn't my copy.
Wands ---> Wiz-War. I've never played it, but have seen it here and it occurred strongly!

Karlsen wrote:

Is there any particular game that you have played recently, new or old, that you would like to recommend to readers of this thread? And optionally, why?

Well, it's been a while since I've played it honestly, but Shogun is a game I always enjoy. Limited resources and careful resource management like a good euro. Conquest, battle, and random conflict resolution (kind of) like a good wargame. One of my favorite hybrids and I hadn't given it a shout out lately. Again, I don't get quite as much access to new games living between the jungle and the swamp.

Karlsen wrote:

Last but not least, what are the five games that you have played most recently?

Currently on the Table: Fields of Fire
Before that: Mission: Red Planet
Combat Commander: Europe
Carcassonne
Combat Commander: Pacific

I'm actually quite ashamed...it's been too long since I've gotten a lot of non-PBEM plays in.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stevie T
Australia
Sydney
NSW
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi Lars. Hope you've enjoyed your week thus far as king of the geeks... or Kwisatz Haderach if you intend to get your hooks into a sandworm.
A few questions...

1. You've said you enjoy card-driven wargames, one being Memoir 44. How about Commands & Colors: Ancients or BattleLore?

2. Shogun: I've been thinking of getting this for a while now, just not in the best financial position to justify it atm. Therefore, tell me why I may NOT like it.
(make me feel better for not having it)

3. What's the story behind your avatar? The great red warrior of wargames perhaps?

Have a great week!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Larz Welo
Indonesia
Kalimantan
flag msg tools
I love People!
badge
I love Wargames!
mbmbmbmbmb
Shyne wrote:
Hi Lars. Hope you've enjoyed your week thus far as king of the geeks... or Kwisatz Haderach if you intend to get your hooks into a sandworm.
A few questions...

1. You've said you enjoy card-driven wargames, one being Memoir 44. How about Commands & Colors: Ancients or BattleLore?

2. Shogun: I've been thinking of getting this for a while now, just not in the best financial position to justify it atm. Therefore, tell me why I may NOT like it.
(make me feel better for not having it)

3. What's the story behind your avatar? The great red warrior of wargames perhaps?

Have a great week!

Excellent questions actually!

1. I've never played either of those. I'd like to try something a little heavier than Memoir and I think any of the C&C games could do it, but I've not had the chance to really go for it.

2. Well...it's a Euro. For example, if you are a great warlord and drive your enemies before you while hearing the lamentations of their women, be prepared for a massive revolution come winter because you're simply not going to have enough rice to feed your population. The way you gain points is 1 per province, but also 1 per building and then for having the most of a type of building in a region. So really, conquest and battle are stuff you do to build yourself a defensive position, but it's not really what you're about because that's probably just security and development. In that way it's probably a brilliant simulation actually because very few of the Japanese Lords wanted to conquer Japan, they just wanted their little fiefs to be better/bigger little by little. You'll play 2 years, which is a total of 8 turns. Every year has 3 "normal" turns and then a winter turn. That's usually where your empire either falls apart, or the score makes everyone turn against you. It can be frustrating because buildings score more than anything else so sometimes there's a really ugly fight for a province with three buildings on it on the last turn which can really swing the victory. Of course, you'd have to be an idiot to build close to your enemy's forces, but on both sides of the map (which are basically the same but have some subtle differences which impact strategy greatly) there are lots of alternative routes. Kind of like in Risk if one player is able to dominate a corner of the map and really build up their infrastructure in the back while holding out on the front lines...it can really shut down the fun of the game because army mobility is highly limited, which prevents a "smash the leader" approach so common in Risk. So...not sure if I've sold you less or more, but hopefully you feel better about it.

3. I got the name because I used to do analytical wargaming. Which is kind of like hobby wargaming but infinitely more boring, with way crazier egos in the room, and you get paid to do it. Anyway, I was one of the expert "Red" players. The point of the games was the analyze "Blue" capabilities and provide some comparisons. However, "Red" forces were always the same. One of my first wargaming buddies was from that work place and he always called me stuff. Haji Head (what's funny is you probably wouldn't guess which nation was being simulated) was probably the most frequent, but I took a liking to "Great Red Warrior". That title was given to me after a particularly awful assault that he'd been made to do. Captain Elkin! Take your Company, move up that hill and split the enemy line! surprisesurpriseblushblushzombiezombie

IIRC, I was browsing around the net during the time of Warcraft III: Reign of Chaos release and found this image on Blizzard's site. I took it and I found that I really liked it, so it's me in internet land.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Larz Welo
Indonesia
Kalimantan
flag msg tools
I love People!
badge
I love Wargames!
mbmbmbmbmb
Sam recommended I post the answers on Thursday. Well...it's Thursday everywhere but New Zealand, so here are my answers! I was happy to have fooled most of you with only 14 out of 85 guessing correctly.

I’ve never caught Dengue, Malaria, or Typhoid
True! Neither I nor my wife have gotten it. And there are plenty of times we should have. Living in Bandung and getting bit my mosquitoes every time you go to practice language while tons of people have dengue always scared me, but I never got it. Typhoid is brutal, but seems generally less common. I know very few people with malaria and none of them caught it on any of the islands I've lived on...usually they caught it somewhere else...like Papua.

I’ve fallen off my motorcycle and given myself a concussion more than once
Lies! I have fallen off my bike, more than twice, but always on unpaved roads when my speed has been very low. I pretty much always wear my helmet and so have never had a problem like that.

My eye was cut open as a child, but repaired and can still see
True! I wear glasses now because of it, and difficult to diagnose/make ones at that, but still, not too bad as the world goes.

I’ve been in a 100 km per hour car accident and only suffered a bruised spleen
True! Can't explain it, I thought I was dead...but it turned out I just had to take it easy for a week. Excitement would get my spleen engorged with blood and it would hurt just awfully. So, I laid around and watched Battlestar Galactica for a week...it was worthwhile I think.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Fredrik
Sweden
Stockholm
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yay-I was right!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bishop of East Anglia
New Zealand
Christchurch
i actually live in Wellington
flag msg tools
I'm, I'm afraid there's been a mistake. The man who has been speaking to you is an impostor. He is not in fact the Bishop of East Anglia, but a man wanted by the police. I am the Bishop of East Anglia and anyone who doesn't believe me can look me up
badge
Golden Camel !!!
mbmbmbmbmb
FderGrosse wrote:
Yay-I was right!

Despite initially thinking disease I got it right as well!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stevie T
Australia
Sydney
NSW
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
greatredwarrior wrote:
My eye was cut open as a child, but repaired and can still see

I thought you may have been blind in one eye - I was wrong.

You've managed to pique my interest in Shogun even further. I had planned to wait for the reprint of Wallenstein (first edition) just to see how it turned out in comparison, but now...

You've also introduced me to the concept of analytical wargaming, is this like playtesting? Details on the nickname would be great. My guess will be totally off the mark then. Malaysia?

Finally, if you can do it - keep not getting dengue fever, typhoid, or malaria!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Larz Welo
Indonesia
Kalimantan
flag msg tools
I love People!
badge
I love Wargames!
mbmbmbmbmb
Analytical wargaming...isn't like playtesting at all. Basically it's like this:

First, we're from a country "Blue", let's say the USA (because of their worldwide spread of influence).

Take a nation somewhere in the world, for this exercise let's say Brazil (just for fun). Draw up a scenario where Brazil becomes some kind of threat to the USA and the new regime needs to be neutralized.

Given this, you then draw up an invasion plan...how the USA is going to get to Brasilia and take out the new government. Lets say a naval invasion at Vitoria and then a lighting thrust through Montes Claros and then the capital. Then, you take one slice of that, lets say the fighting in the area south of Montes Claros and you set up the defending "Red" forces. So, what kind of a military would Brazil have? Is this conflict in the future? What kind of military might they have? Anyway, you decide what kind of forces they have, and a general deployment.

Then, you ask, what are we simulating? Let's say it's a technology expansion for the US Army for better UAVs and infantry weapons.

So, that's all done by the scenario team. After that it gets handed over to the wargamers.

Then the red forces try to develop the best defenses they can. Usually the model that's used is computerized and extremely detailed. Terrain is mapped out and contours are extremely accurate, so if you hide a guy in a gully, he's pretty well hid. They deploy their forces according to their restrictions from the scenario team and then fight the battle...over and over again.

The Blue forces will start with a basic package...the US Army as it is today. How would it do in a fight against these evil Brazilians? So, they run that battle 3 times or so. Now, consistency is key. The Red deployment doesn't change, and the Blue plan and initial moves don't change. Now, if different intelligence is generated, or certain soldiers fight more effectively (determined by a random seed number), then different end results will be quite divergent. Ok, so after that's done they'll usually have a "half" upgrade, what would it be like when the Blue forces are half upgraded with this new equipment? And they run that through 3 times or so. And then finally a full upgrade couple of runthroughs. At this point there's a copious amount of data, some of it obvious, and some not so obvious.

Then this gets sent over to the analysts. They take the quantitative data ("we did much better with those new UAVs!"), and the qualitative data, (according to the computer model, those UAVs never saw a dang thing...) and try to come up with a conclusion? Things get really interesting for them when qualitative and quantitative observations seem incompatible. After a few weeks crunching data, they come away with results with are usually summarized in about 10 powerpoint slides which are then presented to decision makers (usually a room full of generals) for them to decide whether the US Army wants to spend another couple billion dollars on these new UAVs and infantry weapons or not.

And then a new study is ordered. Usually the scenario is kept the same, which keeps the total workload down. Then they just change pieces of equipment to fit whatever needs to be studied. Almost always, at least in the USA, this is done to discover whether the military wants to purchase new equipment.

So, in the bigger picture:
Contractor/Engineer has bright idea, pitches it to Military
Military throws a billion dollars for initial development
Contractor makes something and then says the product is super wonderful
Military is skeptical, gives another billion dollars to contractor and spends 5 million dollars to analyse the product for effeciancy.
Contractor continues to develop product while analysts study product.
Analysts present data to Generals
Generals make a decision about product, often without regard to data
Product is either scrapped (don't worry about those 2 billion...) or purchased, (ok...here's another 40 billion, we want 100,000 units). The whole process would actually make quite a good euro.
It could be called, "The Military Industrial Complex"
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stevie T
Australia
Sydney
NSW
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
greatredwarrior wrote:
The whole process would actually make quite a good euro.
It could be called, "The Military Industrial Complex"

There is most definitely a great game there. I'm guessing some wargamers and military buffs know all about the system you described, but it could easily garner interest due to the lay gamer (people like me) being ignorant to the facts.
Any designers around?

greatredwarrior wrote:
Take a nation somewhere in the world, for this exercise let's say Brazil (just for fun). Draw up a scenario where Brazil becomes some kind of threat to the USA and the new regime needs to be neutralized.

This just reminded me of the (recently KO'd) UFC fighter Vanderlei Silva, who once looked straight into the eyes of American Chael Sonnen, & warned: 'You don't know Brasil.' robot

You are a fan of weightlifting. What is it that draws you to that particular sport? Have you ever participated? Do you prefer to watch the men or the ladies? (I have to admit I've found one or two of those strong women very pleasing to the eye!)
Also, do you think the stigma attached to weightlifting, with regards to the perception of rampant drug use, affects its popularity? What is your stance on drugs in sport overall?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Larz Welo
Indonesia
Kalimantan
flag msg tools
I love People!
badge
I love Wargames!
mbmbmbmbmb
Shyne wrote:

You are a fan of weightlifting. What is it that draws you to that particular sport? Have you ever participated? Do you prefer to watch the men or the ladies? (I have to admit I've found one or two of those strong women very pleasing to the eye!)
Also, do you think the stigma attached to weightlifting, with regards to the perception of rampant drug use, affects its popularity? What is your stance on drugs in sport overall?

I love weight lifting because I can directly measure my improvement, and it makes me stronger. I find strength most significant in my own life. Being able to run all day means high stamina, but how often do I really need that? Being stronger than anybody else around means I can pick up the motorcycle and move it if I need to. So, no I don't compete, just play with it.

I don't watch much, but the incredible amounts of weight being lifted by the biggest and strongest fellows is incredible. That guy from Iran was incredible.

I think the biggest stigma attached to weight lifting is the stupidity of some people who do it. They stand around and BS, lift a little bit of weight, then BS at ton more. Or, they're really serious and glare at everyone who "isn't as serious as me". On the higher ends of the sport I'm sure that drug use is a big issue, but that doesn't really bother any of the contexts I've ever been in. Not a lot of New Mexicans or people from Kalimantan are going to the big competitions.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Colin Hunter
New Zealand
Auckland
flag msg tools
Stop the admins removing history from the Wargaming forum.
mbmbmbmbmb
Great choice! Grats Lars
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Agung
Indonesia
Tangerang
Tangerang
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Ahoooy Lars, congrat!

Excellent choice Jack, i still remember the first time i met him and play Paths of Glory and Conquest of the Empire, he is a great and aggresive player, i even can't bribe him at all to let my leaders alive arrrh!, i also remember when he came from Kalimantan and teaching us games and act as referee instead of playing to let others have the joy of boardgaming in the local community, man he is a very nice person!

Sorry for not reading this earlier so i'm not bringing Up Front to the 'meet up', we need to play this game when you came back to Java (actually i still thinking about revenge for those poor russian soldiers on Red Star Rising ).

Btw, if you were traveling around Kalimantan, what are the closest wargame that reflecting your experince in Kalimantan?

Have you seen biawak or weird animal on Kalimantan ? My older sister who live there quite often see the biawak, mostly while they hunting neighbour's chicken, she say they are as big as komodo.

Once again, congrat!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Larz Welo
Indonesia
Kalimantan
flag msg tools
I love People!
badge
I love Wargames!
mbmbmbmbmb
w_madcat wrote:
Ahoooy Lars, congrat!

Excellent choice Jack, i still remember the first time i met him and play Paths of Glory and Conquest of the Empire, he is a great and aggresive player, i even can't bribe him at all to let my leaders alive arrrh!, i also remember when he came from Kalimantan and teaching us games and act as referee instead of playing to let others have the joy of boardgaming in the local community, man he is a very nice person!

Sorry for not reading this earlier so i'm not bringing Up Front to the 'meet up', we need to play this game when you came back to Java (actually i still thinking about revenge for those poor russian soldiers on Red Star Rising ).

Btw, if you were traveling around Kalimantan, what are the closest wargame that reflecting your experince in Kalimantan?

Have you seen biawak or weird animal on Kalimantan ? My older sister who live there quite often see the biawak, mostly while they hunting neighbour's chicken, she say they are as big as komodo.

Once again, congrat!

Lebih baik terlambat daripada tidak post sama sekali dong!

I have not seen biawak, but have seen lots of other creatures that I don't know the name for in any language! One looked like a polecat, and the other some kind of otter.

Wargame like Kalimantan? Probably Burma. I've never played it, but it seems like it would be a nightmare for any army to really operate here.

If you ever come out here, we'll set up any game you want and play it till we're done!

I'm extremely grateful for the opportunity this week. I'm passing the baton now!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Timothy Pride
Indonesia
Jakarta
DKI Jakarta
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Wohoooo Lars!!! Sorry for the late congratulations. But, Congratulations anyway!

Although we've only met couple of times, and our game preferences doesn't really quite match, I still find you a great guy. I still remember the first time meeting you, Agung said you are heavy gamer, so with pleasure I introduced 18AL. Till this date that's probably your only 18XX game. Will you ever try another? I'm still not giving up

I'm definitely willing to play Indonesia if you want an opponent. I believe Joji's willing too. Oh and if you wanna play Dune I'm game! Andi has it.

And maybe you can join our boardgame retreat this November, if you have time/schedule here.

Once again congratulations!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Larz Welo
Indonesia
Kalimantan
flag msg tools
I love People!
badge
I love Wargames!
mbmbmbmbmb
Darkmot wrote:
Wohoooo Lars!!! Sorry for the late congratulations. But, Congratulations anyway!

Although we've only met couple of times, and our game preferences doesn't really quite match, I still find you a great guy. I still remember the first time meeting you, Agung said you are heavy gamer, so with pleasure I introduced 18AL. Till this date that's probably your only 18XX game. Will you ever try another? I'm still not giving up

I'm definitely willing to play Indonesia if you want an opponent. I believe Joji's willing too. Oh and if you wanna play Dune I'm game! Andi has it.

And maybe you can join our boardgame retreat this November, if you have time/schedule here.

Hebat Darkmot! Sebenarnya aku mau main 18AL lagi, karena pertama kali saya main aku tidak bisa "grok" caranya.

Kapan Retreat Games? Bulan November, awal atau terakhir?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Timothy Pride
Indonesia
Jakarta
DKI Jakarta
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
greatredwarrior wrote:
Darkmot wrote:

Hebat Darkmot! Sebenarnya aku mau main 18AL lagi, karena pertama kali saya main aku tidak bisa "grok" caranya.

Kapan Retreat Games? Bulan November, awal atau terakhir?

90% November - 3rd week
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Trauth
Australia
Pretty much everywhere
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Well this goes to show how much attention I have been paying... I totally missed it.

Congratulations Lars... I always enjoy reading your posts.

Steve
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Larz Welo
Indonesia
Kalimantan
flag msg tools
I love People!
badge
I love Wargames!
mbmbmbmbmb
southern_cross_116 wrote:
Well this goes to show how much attention I have been paying... I totally missed it.

Congratulations Lars... I always enjoy reading your posts.

Steve

Gee...thanks Steve
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Fraser
Australia
Melbourne
flag msg tools
admin
designer
Back in the days when there were less maps we played every map back to back
badge
Ooh a little higher, now a bit to the left, a little more, a little more, just a bit more. Oooh yes, that's the spot!
mbmbmbmbmb
greatredwarrior wrote:

Karlsen wrote:

Union Pacific is great with 4. Too many more and the downtime starts to kill, but 4 is a great number for this OOP gem. I really wish I could get a copy, but it looks like I'm probably out of luck.

Keep an eye out on ebay for copies from Europe, there have been shrink wrapped Dutch copies floating around for years (that's where I got my copy from). You can download English rules if necessary.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Prev «  1 , 2 , 3 , 4  | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.