Chrononauts» Forums » General

Subject: Category: Bluffing and Deduction? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Doctor Blood Money
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Chrononauts has bluffing and deduction as part of its categories. Same with the expansion, Chrononauts: The Gore Years. Chrononauts: Lost Identities has bluffing. I have played these a total of 17 times, and I assure you there is no deduction involved, and I have never come across a need to bluff. In my opinion, those categories are incorrect for this game and the two expansions.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wulf Corbett
Scotland
Shotts
Lanarkshire
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
From what I've seen of the game in the videos on BGG, there is some deduction (figuring out your opponent's goals from his actions, plus figuring how to trigger events through a chain of actions), but I do see no Bluffing...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Doctor Blood Money
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Wulf Corbett wrote:
From what I've seen of the game in the videos on BGG, there is some deduction (figuring out your opponent's goals from his actions, plus figuring how to trigger events through a chain of actions), but I do see no Bluffing...

Sure, there is deduction, "figuring out your opponent's goals from his actions", in almost every game. On the other hand, "figuring how to trigger events through a chain of actions" requires no deduction whatsoever. It couldn't be more straight-forward. In fact, it tells you what needs to be done right on the cards.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wulf Corbett
Scotland
Shotts
Lanarkshire
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Hey, I didn't say it was unique nor difficult, but it's there...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Doctor Blood Money
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Wulf Corbett wrote:
Hey, I didn't say it was unique nor difficult, but it's there...

Then BGG should have most games listed in the deduction category. whistle
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joseph DiMuro
United States
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Flipping a Linchpin you don't care about, in hopes of making someone waste his Memo on your play?

Playing an Artifact you don't need (or stealing one), again in hopes of a wasted Memo?

I'd call that "bluffing".
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Badger
England
London
Enfield
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
So every wargame needs to be in the bluffing category? You make feints, build up forces to deceive, all in the hope that your opponent commits forces in the wrong area.

Settlers shold be in the bluffing category. You can mislead about what your development cards are.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lucas Moody

Missoula
Montana
msg tools
If you don't think bluffing/deduction are involved, I'd suggest playing the game with your ID and Mission cards available for all to see. Might find the game a bit different.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.