1 Posts

Pictionary» Forums » Sessions

Subject: Waste of time or annoying to play with some people rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Charlie Chuckle
United States
flag msg tools
I have played many board games in my time and most of my games seem to add more edge by actually giving you a chance to win most of the time.

This time we were playing pictionary with 13-14 players. The teams were extremely unbalanced and were created by the host. Which I believe this game must be designed for rude hosts to project their superior position onto other stupid people.

The host and his wife teamed themselves with their oldest daughter. Since, I didn't know what was going on; I just went along. The other three team consisted of a couple teams of four and several young children(10-12 year olds) spread among the other three teams. The host, of coarse, did not have any young players at all and had the fewest players. Hrm.. I like how they generously gave everybody else extra young and just extra players in general. We were lucky that we had one of their other younger daughters on our team.

The game quickly started out with the host traversing 1/4th of the board before turn changing to another team. The only reason why we got any points at all is because the youngest daughter on our team seemed to guess the picture before it was even finished being drawn. I remember the host guessing the correct answer "CANDYCANE" and the only thing drawn was a J. That's pretty fast!

Well, after successfully guessing one answer right, we got one dice roll, and before long our 10yr old kid was drawing. It was very sad, and we were not playing the version where the other teams have to guess what it is. Nobody could guess what he was drawing, seriously, it is bad when 12 people cannot guess what you are drawing.

We only got to draw once. All the other three teams were at the start when the host, his wife and oldest daughter won the game. They didn't do all play to win the game, I guess they didn't read the rules required to win.

That was a painful game to play and at least our team got 3rd place out of 4 teams (for getting one drawing correct). The other guests played out of respect to the social politics involved. Pictionary can be a tool for some very evil people. It was a very sad day.
 Thumb up
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.