Subject: What for replacing names of god cards? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Leonardo Martino
Italy
Milano
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi I just bought from Columbia webstore Julius Caesar, but Im thinking of replacing the name of the god cards with other persons from that period... what famous personages from that period would you suggest for doing that? Cicero? Agrippa?

Thanks Leonardo

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
"L'état, c'est moi."
Canada
Vancouver
BC
flag msg tools
admin
designer
Roger's Reviews: check out my reviews page, right here on BGG!
badge
Caution: May contain wargame like substance
mb
Why don't you just call them "event cards" and have done with it.

I'm utterly flummoxed by people's dismay about the event cards having the names of Roman gods on them. Truly and utterly.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Niko Ruf
Germany
Kaiserslautern
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
leroy43 wrote:
I'm utterly flummoxed by people's dismay about the event cards having the names of Roman gods on them. Truly and utterly.

I am basically with you - I consider them as player-controlled events (e.g Mercury = force march) whose success is attributed to a god for period flavor. The only one that is a bit hard to explain that way is Vulcan. What would that be? Tactical air strike?

As for the OP's question about replacing the gods with people: I think it would be quite hard to identify individuals that can a) be connected to the card effect and b) could reasonably be assumed to support either side.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Barnaby Alsop
United Kingdom
Salisbury
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Niko Ruf wrote:
leroy43 wrote:

I am basically with you - I consider them as player-controlled events (e.g Mercury = force march) whose success is attributed to a god for period flavor. The only one that is a bit hard to explain that way is Vulcan. What would that be? Tactical air strike?

As for the OP's question about replacing the gods with people: I think it would be quite hard to identify individuals that can a) be connected to the card effect and b) could reasonably be assumed to support either side.

I know this thread is ancient - but hey, I read 'ancient' threads all the time! The Vulcan card is the age old tactic of poisoning an enemy armies' water source, or raiding their supplies and putting them to the torch! All the cards can be explained thematically - even the 'copy another card' fits in with the idea of having spies in the enemy camp
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.