Subject: Any Big Bang Theory Fans? Mystic Warlords of Ka’a is coming ... rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jay Levy
United States
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
No, seriously -- it looks like they're going to announce the game at Comic-con. Here's the first card image posted over at CBS:

They announced it on Facebook today and gave a link to this thread over at the BBT community forum on the CBS Web site: http://www.cbs.com/forum/posts/list/160125.page;jsessionid=0...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
jflartner
United States
Wayne
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Ha! That's awesome!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Stack
United States
Orchard Park
New York
flag msg tools
Honor his example of service, accomplishment and modesty, and the next time you walk outside on a clear night and see the moon smiling down at you, think of Neil Armstrong and give him a wink.
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Cool, I'll get started making my "Infinite Mike" card at work tomorrow!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tim Koppang
United States
Westmont
Illinois
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
"It's a magical world, Hobbes, ol' buddy..."
badge
"For the listener, who listens in the snow, and, nothing himself, beholds nothing that is not there and the nothing that is." -- Wallace Stevens
mbmbmbmbmb
That's pretty cool. Although I have always been a little bummed that the show didn't use some real board games.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Thibodeau
United States
New Hampshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
tckoppang wrote:
That's pretty cool. Although I have always been a little bummed that the show didn't use some real board games.

don't they play Talisman?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tim Koppang
United States
Westmont
Illinois
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
"For the listener, who listens in the snow, and, nothing himself, beholds nothing that is not there and the nothing that is." -- Wallace Stevens
mbmbmbmbmb
Ikego wrote:
don't they play Talisman?

Do they? Is that recent? I'm a little behind.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tim Koppang
United States
Westmont
Illinois
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Ok, I found an older thread about the boys playing Talisman... sort of. They were using the board and pieces, but the show's writers turned the game into a simple roll and move game. Ugh... I don't count that.

In fact, I remember watching the episode in question and thinking to myself, "Why don't they play a real board game!" I didn't realize that it was actually worse -- they were butchering a real board game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Thibodeau
United States
New Hampshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
ahh didn't realize they had edited it and such, just that the game had been on the show

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hopefully they can come up with some more compelling gameplay than what is on the TV show (e.g., playing one card at a time in a circle).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ross G.
United States
Indianapolis
Indiana
flag msg tools
Wisdom begins in wonder.
badge
Stale pastry is hollow succor to a man who is bereft of ostrich.
mbmbmbmbmb
Maybe more a promotion than a real game? That card looks like it came from a CCG, but what they played in the show seems more akin to Uno.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Damo
Australia
Hobart
Tasmania
flag msg tools
Look Up! Stay Alive!
badge
http://australianmuseum.net.au/Drop-Bear
mbmbmbmbmb
tckoppang wrote:
Ok, I found an older thread about the boys playing Talisman... sort of. They were using the board and pieces, but the show's writers turned the game into a simple roll and move game. Ugh... I don't count that.

In fact, I remember watching the episode in question and thinking to myself, "Why don't they play a real board game!" I didn't realize that it was actually worse -- they were butchering a real board game.

Didn't they play a game of adapted 3 player chess?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
The Zen Hamster
Canada
Ottawa
Ontario
flag msg tools
When I'm in charge, every mission is a suicide mission.
mbmbmbmbmb
That is awesome! Thanks for sharing

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Markus
Germany
Kaiserslautern
flag msg tools
So this is my new overtext ? Hmmm...
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm interested, but I fear i won't be more than a Munchkin / Fluxx kind of game. But i'll buy it for the sake of fandom alone
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jay Lacson
United States
Alamogordo
New Mexico
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Ploedminka wrote:
i'll buy it for the sake of fandom alone

+1

I'm a really big fan of this show (see microbadge).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pete Lane
United States
Saint Paul
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Enter crabbyman...

I personally cringe with this show. I've always felt it was a game about geeks written for people who make fun of geeks. I'll take The IT Crowd any day.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Conley
United States
Enon
Ohio
flag msg tools
Life is too short not to live it up a little!
mbmbmbmbmb
Love the show, so the game is a PROBABLY must-have...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tim Koppang
United States
Westmont
Illinois
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Poll
If this game is real...
I will buy it just because I love Big Bang Theory.
I will buy it only if it's a good game.
I won't buy it just because I hate Big Bang Theory.
      143 answers
Poll created by tckoppang
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Wesley
Nepal
Aberdeen
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
mb
Re: Any Big Bang Theory Fans? Mystic Warlords of Ka’a is: NOT my "cuppa"
#D I won't BUY that because, it'll: "SUCK & BLOW" whistle
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aaron Morgan
United States
Sacramento
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
tckoppang wrote:

You're suggesting that Talisman is more than a simple roll and move game? devil
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christopher Todesco
United States
Chicago Suburbs
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Ploedminka wrote:
I'm interested, but I fear i won't be more than a Munchkin / Fluxx kind of game. But i'll buy it for the sake of fandom alone

When they play it, it looks like a themed trick-taking game. Even if they kept it that simple (again, not turning it into a Muchkin/Fluxx/Magic with no thought to actual balance/gameplay) I'd buy it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Max A
Canada
flag msg tools
All I can say is AWESOME!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Darby
United Kingdom
Welshpool
Powys
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
stagger lee wrote:
Enter crabbyman...

I personally cringe with this show. I've always felt it was a game about geeks written for people who make fun of geeks. I'll take The IT Crowd any day.

I caught an early episode and typified it as "Let's laugh at people on the autistic spectrum!"

I've caught later episodes and it's not that bad now. But the writing is not geek from the inside, like the IT crowd (which spreads the dysfunction evenly around all characters of varied neurotypicality).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rob Naylor
msg tools
Wow awesome haha!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christopher Todesco
United States
Chicago Suburbs
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
pete_darby wrote:
I caught an early episode and typified it as "Let's laugh at people on the autistic spectrum!"

I've caught later episodes and it's not that bad now. But the writing is not geek from the inside, like the IT crowd (which spreads the dysfunction evenly around all characters of varied neurotypicality).

This is similar to what I thought about the show... When it first aired, I caught the first few episodes and thought that it wasn't a show of making geek fun, it was a show making fun of geeks, so I didn't continue watching it. But because of the relative amount of buzz in the geek world about it, I decided it give it another shot. By the end of the first season, it shifts to humor a geek can actually appreciate, and the times they're making fun of geeks it seems more like an introspective look at ourselves rather than schoolyard taunting. Seasons 2 and 3 are really good, and while season 4 was also good, they're falling into a lot of the same traps that american sitcoms always do.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Sinclair
Canada
Ancaster
Ontario
flag msg tools
One Thread for All
badge
The name's Andrew -- pronounced 'Kah-thoo-loo'
mbmbmbmbmb
Ploedminka wrote:

What's wrong with Munchkin and Fluxx? Am I not supposed to like those games?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.