Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Nate Wright
United States
Philadelphia
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
Hi,

Please forgive my silly question. I'm not a wargamer by any means and the Germantown game in this series is really the first wargame I've tried to play, and I'm doing it mostly because I live in Germantown and love the history of the battle. My question is this:

For the attack modifiers for fire and combat listed in the terrain effects chart, are the modifiers for attacking INTO that terrain, for attacking OUT OF that terrain, or both? I'm especially curious about the Chew House as a fortified hex. It makes sense to face a significant penalty when trying to attack units occupying the house. But do you also face the same penalty if your units possess the house and are attacking out of it?

Same question applies for all the other terrain too.

Many thanks.

Cheers.

nate
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Kinney
United States
Winthrop
Iowa
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

Welcome to Wargaming Nate! I hope you love it.

Combat and Fire modifiers are for the defending hex, there are also modifiers for the hexside being crossed.

ex. Attacking into Chew House would have a -2 DRM. Attacking out of Chew House does not.

Attacking across a stream hexside would have a -1 DRM.

Hope that helps.

Jeff
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nate Wright
United States
Philadelphia
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
Jeff,

That helps tremendously. Many many thanks!

Cheers.

nate
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.