Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Brian Sherry
United States
Great Falls
VA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It seems that Columbia hasn't seen fit to put the changes in 1.1 in a different color, and scanning through them nothing jumps out at me. Anyone able to describe the changes?

Thanks!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Kluessendorf
United States
Waukesha
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
... that God loves us and wants us to be happy. -Benjamin Franklin-
mbmbmbmbmb

There was a clarification in rules update 1.01 (which they did put in a different color - red), in which Section 6.4 Levies was modified to indicate that new blocks and steps could only be raised in friendly cities (the original rules didn't clearly indicate that steps couldn't be added in vacant or contested cities).

I don't know why the 1.1 rule changes weren't also listed in red like the 1.01 version.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Niko Ruf
Germany
Kaiserslautern
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
AFAIK there are no actual changes, only clarifications, so you should be able to play with the 1.0 rules easily.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
C Sandifer
United States
Lutherville
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I didn't look over v1.1 with a magnifying glass, but from what I can tell there were only a few minor clarifications/deletions made to page 5 of the rulebook.

Sentence deleted from section 6.1 (Group Moves):

If not attacking (or reinforcing) blocks may continue moving to the next adjacent location (city/sea).

[I can see how this sentence could be confusing, because it could be interpreted as saying that blocks are allowed to enter an enemy-occupied space, choose NOT to attack, and then keep moving. This isn't legal. Blocks must stop when they enter an enemy-occupied space; by definition, a move into an enemy area is an attack.]

One word (underlined) added to Section 6.2 (Navis Movement):

Navis can only attack enemy land blocks from an adjacent sea, never from an adjacent port. If that attack also involves friendly land blocks, either the Navis or the land attack must be declared as Reserves.

Added to the end of Section 6.3 (Amphibious moves):

IMPORTANT: an Amphibious move by Player 1 is completed in the Command Phase, before Player 2 moves.

It's too bad, though, that Columbia didn't incorporate all of their other on-line clarifications into the latest ruleset.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Grant Dalgliesh
United States
Blaine
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmb
The 1.1 rules are still a draft in progress, posted prematurely.

A proper 1.1 rules set will be posted soon with all known issues/FAQ questions addressed.

Grant
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stjepan Mateljan
Croatia
Zagreb
Croatia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Also, 6.2. ยง4
Navis can attack/respond only from
an adjacent sea/port.

Yesterday i brought two navis as Caesar to help my troops in Tarsus in future attack on Antioch, thinking i will as well suppress Pompey from setting sail from Alexandria. Nope, not anymore. But i think thematically and logically it has better integrity (control of the sea is not omnipresence at the sea), so no problem there.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.