Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Bob Long
United States
Woodbridge
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Ok I have been playing this game solo. I've only owned for a year and never had time to play it...shame on me. This is a fantastic game. It offers a lot of strategy and planning.

But was wondering if there is a two player variant that has been attempted. I saw a post back in 08 or 09 about a variant but was never commented on.

I'll take any ideas...I have a few myself but if someone has already played a two player game then why invent the wheel.

Thanks

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Len
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

Seems like this would be difficult to make it fun. Really important parts of the game seem like they would not work so well unless you have at least three players:

- Auction to get the provinces...with two people there would not be much of an auction

- The sacrifice...doesn't seem like that would scale well to two players

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alexander Portland
Germany
Worms
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I played a 2 player match of Homesteaders around 3 months ago. This game has an clever auction mechanism for 2 players. When we can transfer this mechanism to Amun Re, this could be the solution? On first sight, the bidding mechanic seems to be similar. But before I had to read the rules of Homesteaders....

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dale King
United States
Cranston
Rhode Island
flag msg tools
I have played this with two players and it seemed to work fine with the adjustments we made. Here are the changes:

You are the overseer of TWO players so you each take 2 sets of starting materials. Example: Overseer A takes the blue and green markers Etc. and Overseer B takes the red and black markers Etc.
Pool the money but keep the -3 cards separate for each of your two players that you are overseeing.
You can pool power cards but each player color you control can only use one unique power card in the given phase.
Put all 4 player markers on the scoring track.
Determine what the player order will be but no one overseer has his two players go after each other.

Phase 1: put out 4 random province cards to bid on.
Phase 2: Suppose that blue is chosen at the start player. Blue bids then red bids then green bids then black bids. Continue bid process according to rules.
Phase 3: Blue buys what he wants, red buys what he wants, green buys what he wants and then black buys what he wants.
Phase 4: Set up two sacrifices for each of the players you are overseeing. Then reveal them as normal. It is possible for one overseer to get both the first and second highest rewards. Make sure the rewards are given to the correct player color that matches the player's sacrifice.
Phase 5: Money is pooled so you, the overseer, can collect all the harvest income for all of your 2 players at once.
Phase 6: Score each of your players separately.

Winner: Add the scores for each of the two color players you were overseeing together. The winner is the one with the highest combined score.

You could use these rules with slight modifications for a team game of two players verses two players.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.