Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Bob Long
United States
Woodbridge
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Ok I have been playing this game solo. I've only owned for a year and never had time to play it...shame on me. This is a fantastic game. It offers a lot of strategy and planning.

But was wondering if there is a two player variant that has been attempted. I saw a post back in 08 or 09 about a variant but was never commented on.

I'll take any ideas...I have a few myself but if someone has already played a two player game then why invent the wheel.

Thanks

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Len
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

Seems like this would be difficult to make it fun. Really important parts of the game seem like they would not work so well unless you have at least three players:

- Auction to get the provinces...with two people there would not be much of an auction

- The sacrifice...doesn't seem like that would scale well to two players

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alexander Portland
Germany
Worms
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I played a 2 player match of Homesteaders around 3 months ago. This game has an clever auction mechanism for 2 players. When we can transfer this mechanism to Amun Re, this could be the solution? On first sight, the bidding mechanic seems to be similar. But before I had to read the rules of Homesteaders....

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.