Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Daniel Eig
United States
Huntington
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
This is tucked away on another thread, and I missed it until recently, so I'm posting it here so everyone can see it. The two player game goes a lot quicker with this, but feels just as tight - I like it:

Tom Lehmann wrote:
The base game has 31 workers, 28 buildings, 27 aristocrats, and 30 trading cards (upgrades).

With the New Society (and without the Banquet), you have 37 workers, 34 buildings, 34 aristocrats, and 39 trading cards.

For a quicker two-player New Society game, try removing:
* 1 each of the 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, and 9 basic workers (not Peter).
* 1 each of the 5, 8, 11, 14, 17, and 20 basic buildings.
* 1 each of the 4, 7, 10, 12, 14, and 16 aristocrats.

Leave the trading cards as is (they aren't a ticker on the game).

This yields 31 workers, 28 buildings, 28 aristocrats, and 39 trading cards. Enjoy!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Poole
United States
Goldsboro
North Carolina
flag msg tools
Have you seen the Yellow Sign?
badge
Have you seen the Yellow Sign?
mb
We randomly remove a number of green, blue and orange cards equal to what the counts would be without the expansion. I have played St Petersburg to the point I know the count on most of the important cards. Randomly removing cards mixes things up a lot. Its not official and its probably not as balanced, but we like it
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.