Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Scott Manns
United States
Fort Myers
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmb
DO any of the God cards in this game have any incorrect translation problems? Anything that should be corrected on the cards so the game plays as the designer wanted it too?
Incorrect translations are quite common on the Euro games.
Thanks in advance!!!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Trygve E. Rosenvinge
Norway
Trondheim
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
I've played Hellas several times, though I don't happen to have the game on hand at the moment. I don't believe there were any problems with the cards, the language was very clear and simple.

The only rule we got wrong the first few times, regards the ships and voyages, as you're supposed to expend an adjacent ship in return for a Greek (soldier), so to us the ships seemed completely useless.

You may want to look at this, in any case:
http://boardgamegeek.com/wiki/page/Hellas_FAQ#
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ronald Tweakston
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
I had a problem with the Ares card: "Attack one non-adjacent opponent's city with Greeks! Greeks in neighboring cities may join in the attack." I believe the orignal German says the source of the attack is from one and only one non-adjacent city unless the player has another of the same type of card or plays the cancel discard card and uses it again. So a better translation would be "Attack from one non-adjacent..."

"Attack as though you had one additional Greek!" should be something like "Battle as though you had one additional Greek!" since it can be played while defending.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.