Ken Latall
United States
Whittier
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
1 Can the second player place his Circus Train marker in the same starting city as the first player? I assume so because it says > 1 train can occupy the same city, but I thought starting out may be different.
2 Do you place the City card draw pile face down and the City card discard pile face up?
3 When Hiring it says the purchase option can only be exercised after making a failed hiring roll for that talent. Then it says purchasing the Talent for $10 can only happen if you fail the roll. Wouldn’t you always roll first, before deciding to pay $10? Is there something I’m missing?
4 In the Expansion Kit 3.2 it says you can add the Expansion counters to the base counters and the game is still balanced if you go back to 1 or 2 players. Should you leave the “Exclusive Engagement” Event card in the deck, too, when playing with 1 or 2 players?

Thanks for the help and have a great day!
Ken
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom Decker
United States
Foothill Ranch
California
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb

Answers:

1. Yes, players may place their Circus Train markers in the same Canadian cities as previous players to start the game.

2. Yes, the City draw pile should be kept face down, while the discards should be kept face up. While there is no explicit rule against going through the City discards to try to figure out which cities are still out there, it is not intended to be allowed. Of course, feel free to play that particular rule any way you choose.

3. If the language on hiring Talent for $10 is confusing, it is only trying to clarify that you MUST make the decision to pay the $10 immediately after the failed roll. For example, if there are Acrobats, Horses, and Big Cats on a space and you roll for all three in that above order, failing on all three in succession. After the final failed roll, you can't THEN go back and decide you'll pay $10 for the Acrobats. As soon as you fail the roll for the Acrobats, you must immediately decide whether or not to pay the $10 to buy them, and then move on to the next one. You can always choose whichever order you want to roll for the Talent, which actually may be important if you are planning to buy any outright. There is never a time that you would just pay the $10 rather than risk the die roll first.

4. The Exclusive Engagement card works fine for a 2-player game, but it should be removed when playing solitaire.

Thanks for the questions and I hope you enjoy the game!

Tom
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ken Latall
United States
Whittier
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks Tom, for just a quick reply.

I've already enjoyed the game just learning how to play it!

Have a great day.
Ken
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.