Dominion: Walled Village Promo Card» Forums » Rules

Subject: Description Sheet rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Derek Whaley
New Zealand
Christchurch
flag msg tools
Darius I – 73rd Great Khan of the Illustrius Barbarian Horde, Duque San Lorenzo, Marquis de Feltón, Chief of the Zayante, Baron von Whaleyland, Lord Kennedy
badge
Arrgh!
mbmbmbmbmb
Does anyone have a copy of this card who can post the description sheet that came with it? I'm assuming it came with a sheet like the other three promos. I'd really like to have a copy to include in the next edition of my rules document. Thank you!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Donald X.
United States
flag msg tools
designer
Whaleyland wrote:
Does anyone have a copy of this card who can post the description sheet that came with it? I'm assuming it came with a sheet like the other three promos. I'd really like to have a copy to include in the next edition of my rules document. Thank you!

I do not have the card or the rules sheet, but I'm betting the rules sheet looks something like:

Quote:
Walled Village: When you play this, you draw a card and can play two more Actions this turn. At the start of your Clean-up phase, before discarding anything and before drawing for next turn, if you have a Walled Village in play and no more than two Action cards in play (counting the Walled Village), you may put the Walled Village on top of your deck. If the only cards you have in play are two Walled Villages, you may put either or both of them on top of your deck. Walled Village has to be in play to be put on top of your deck. Walled Village only checks how many Action cards are in play when its ability resolves; Action cards you played earlier this turn but which are no longer in play (such as Feast from Dominion) are not counted, while Action cards still in play from previous turns (duration cards from Dominion: Seaside) are counted, as are Action cards that are in play now but may leave play after resolving Walled Village (such as Treasury from Dominion: Seaside).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Derek Whaley
New Zealand
Christchurch
flag msg tools
Darius I – 73rd Great Khan of the Illustrius Barbarian Horde, Duque San Lorenzo, Marquis de Feltón, Chief of the Zayante, Baron von Whaleyland, Lord Kennedy
badge
Arrgh!
mbmbmbmbmb
donaldx wrote:
I do not have the card or the rules sheet, but I'm betting the rules sheet looks something like:

Donald, I absolutely love how you are the design of the game yet you don't have one of the cards or the rules sheet, both of which I assume you helped design. Classic. Thank you much for the description. I will use that until the "official" one comes out.

Also, any chance you could do a special edition of the Prosperity Secret Histories so it could work better as footnotes in my Dominion Annotated Rules? That is the only set of histories that don't work as footnotes.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
designer
Glory to Rome!
badge
"Let each man pass his days in that wherein his skill is greatest" Propertius Sextus
mbmbmbmbmb
Whaleyland wrote:
Also, any chance you could do a special edition of the Prosperity Secret Histories so it could work better as footnotes in my Dominion Annotated Rules? That is the only set of histories that don't work as footnotes.

When reading your rules, I had hoped that you would take on that task.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Derek Whaley
New Zealand
Christchurch
flag msg tools
badge
Arrgh!
mbmbmbmbmb
Some things are tasks that I just don't really want to do. But if I must, I may. But probably after the next expansion releases.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Mulders
Netherlands
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
So what happens if you have only the Walled Village in play and no other action cards? does it go back on top or does it have to go in your discard pile?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Wolfe
United States
Columbus
Ohio
flag msg tools
Zendo fan, Columbus Blue Jackets fan, Dominion Fan. These are 'permanent microbadges' to free up space on my microbadge row
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
16 Ft Pauly wrote:
So what happens if you have only the Walled Village in play and no other action cards? does it go back on top or does it have to go in your discard pile?

You choose whether it goes on top or gets discarded.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Mulders
Netherlands
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
hmm ok, we had a discussion about this card yesterday, that you can only put it back on top if you played 2 actioncards (incl. walled village), for instance a walled village + a masquerade. And you cannot put it on top of your deck, when you play walled village on it's own. If that was the case then the card would have been pretty crappy!! .

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Wolfe
United States
Columbus
Ohio
flag msg tools
Zendo fan, Columbus Blue Jackets fan, Dominion Fan. These are 'permanent microbadges' to free up space on my microbadge row
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
16 Ft Pauly wrote:
hmm ok, we had a discussion about this card yesterday, that you can only put it back on top if you played 2 actioncards (incl. walled village), for instance a walled village + a masquerade. And you cannot put it on top of your deck, when you play walled village on it's own. If that was the case then the card would have been pretty crappy!! .

The card reads: "At the start of Clean-up, if you have this and no more than one other Action card in play, you may put this on top of your deck."

Zero is not more than one. Therefore, if you have zero other Action cards in play, you may put Walled Village on top.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.