$10.00
Rus
United States
Mountain View
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Is the following correct?

1. Diplomacy II secondary can be used to annex an empty planet in a system adjacent to a system you control, even if that adjacent system has enemy ships and that planet has an enemy control marker?

2. A player cannot use diplomacy secondary secondary to annex empty planets IN a system with his ships, only in ADJACENT hexes?

thanks!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Lewis
United States
Thornton
Colorado
flag msg tools
NFHS Football & Basketball
badge
Dread Our Coming, Suffer Our Presence, Embrace Our Glory (Solonavi War Cry)
mbmbmbmbmb
rbelikov wrote:
Is the following correct?

1. Diplomacy II secondary can be used to annex an empty planet in a system adjacent to a system you control, even if that adjacent system has enemy ships and that planet has an enemy control marker?

Correct; as long as the planet is empty, it's fair game!

Quote:
2. A player cannot use diplomacy secondary secondary to annex empty planets IN a system with his ships, only in ADJACENT hexes?

Also correct. Note, though, that controlling a system means you have to have ships in the system AND control all the planets. So to use Diplomacy II secondary, you wouldn't be able to annex your own system anyway because if you controlled it, you'd already have all the planets.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Gagner
United States
Maple Grove
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
One nice thing about controlling a system is that you can control an empty or special system. You can move your ships into either system the round before and then activate diplomacy to gain a planet adjacent to that system.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rus
United States
Mountain View
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I guess my point was this: does anybody else find it strange that you can annex planets in a *whole other star system* (even when that system is controlled by another player, no less) while you cannot annex planets in your own system, even if you control everythinge else in that system?

Example: Player A controls a system except for one panet with a nasty face-up domain token (failed invasion). Player B controls the system next to it. So, player B can annex that planet (discarding the token), while player A's only option is invasion (and having to deal with the token again -- well, unless it is discarded by player B's annexation).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben Roberts
United Kingdom
Ely
Cambridgeshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
rbelikov wrote:
Example: Player A controls a system except for one panet with a nasty face-up domain token (failed invasion). Player B controls the system next to it. So, player B can annex that planet (discarding the token), while player A's only option is invasion (and having to deal with the token again -- well, unless it is discarded by player B's annexation).

Hmm, we play it that you can't annex a face up domain counter, whoever flipped it over. I thought that was in the rules? I could be wrong. But it seems illogical to have one rule for one and one for another.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rus
United States
Mountain View
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I think what you are thinking of is that you cannot raze a face-up domain token.

Is there something in the rules saying you cannot annex a planet with a face-up domain token?

But in any case, consider my same example, but without a domain token. Basically, an enemy can annex a neutral planet in a system that you almost control (except for that planet), whereas you cannot annex that planet yourself!

Despite being somewhat strange, I'm ok with this, just asking whether this is indeed how the rules work.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Lewis
United States
Thornton
Colorado
flag msg tools
NFHS Football & Basketball
badge
Dread Our Coming, Suffer Our Presence, Embrace Our Glory (Solonavi War Cry)
mbmbmbmbmb
There is no rule about annexing face-up domain tokens. Well, except Mecatol Rex, if you count the Guardians as domain tokens.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.