Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jason's Good Twin
United States
New Cumberland
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Awesome. Congrats on getting it to press T.C.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
TC Petty III
United States
Carlisle
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
designer
VIVAJAVA DICE 2014!
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks! Wow, that was nearly two years ago. I'm glad to see people stepping up and adding their names to the long list of play-testers that molded this game into the finally commercially viable game-product it is today. I really like to give credit where it is due.

You'll be happy to know that the game has been fine-tuned and super-charged to emphasize all the most fun elements. And anything you didn't like initially about the game is guaranteed to be gone.

Dice Hate Me Games is on board and they are more than capable of creating a game experience that will look as good as it tastes. I'm more excited than anyone to see what the final game will look like and whose socks it will knock off.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
paul Engle
United States
milford
New Jersey
flag msg tools
I played this at WBC and look forward to seeing it get out there. was a fun game, can't wait to get it on my game group table,

Paul
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Shawn Kirkham
United States
Graham
North Carolina
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
TheCrippledWerewolf wrote:
Thanks! Wow, that was nearly two years ago. I'm glad to see people stepping up and adding their names to the long list of play-testers that molded this game into the finally commercially viable game-product it is today. I really like to give credit where it is due.

You'll be happy to know that the game has been fine-tuned and super-charged to emphasize all the most fun elements. And anything you didn't like initially about the game is guaranteed to be gone.

Dice Hate Me Games is on board and they are more than capable of creating a game experience that will look as good as it tastes. I'm more excited than anyone to see what the final game will look like and whose socks it will knock off.

TC I playtested this with you...which was awesome, and plays great with 8 players!!!! I also had another opportunity to playtest this last night at our local store (Chris Norwood brought the prototype). I'm definitely jumping on board with Kickstarting this one! It's a great game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Blair
Canada
Winnipeg
Manitoba
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
SKirkham1967A wrote:
TheCrippledWerewolf wrote:

TC I playtested this with you...which was awesome, and plays great with 8 players!!!! I also had another opportunity to playtest this last night at our local store (Chris Norwood brought the prototype). I'm definitely jumping on board with Kickstarting this one! It's a great game.

Looking very forward to kickstart it. Is there any place to find more info on this game? Rules, video playthrough, etc? Or do I have to wait for the kickstarter?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard McCormack
United Kingdom
Nottingham
Nottinghamshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Looks interesting , kickster info would be gratefully recieved, i have a good group of gamers that play every day and anything that can cater for 8 of us in one game would be great addition to the collection.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard McCormack
United Kingdom
Nottingham
Nottinghamshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
** Tumble weeds **
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Karl Bernhardt
Poland
Wrocław
flag msg tools
mb
Sounds a great game. Will it come with free coffee?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Philip duBarry
United States
Cincinnati
Ohio
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Enjoyed watching the game at Origins 2011. Best of luck, T.C.!
Extra points if you guys can figure out how to put this game in a coffee can!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Ptak
United States
Livermore
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
The visuals on the prototype pics posted make me want to play this game! I hope the finished version isn't much too different from what we see here.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dice Hate Me
United States
Chapel Hill
North Carolina
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
The boardgame blog with worse luck than you! dicehateme.com
mbmbmbmbmb
Defendo wrote:
** Tumble weeds **

Sorry, Richard - for some reason, my subscriptions weren't activating!

VivaJava will hit Kickstarter on Jan. 25. We'll have tons more info. on the Kickstarter campaign page, along with a video and some more art. You can also visit dicehatemegames.com for more info, as well.

Cheers,
Chris
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dice Hate Me
United States
Chapel Hill
North Carolina
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
pdubarry wrote:

Hah! Philip that has been my white whale. Tin manufacturing at that size is expensive unless you commit to 10,000 or more. I wanted to offer a possible deluxe version just for Kickstarter, but I'm not sure that's going to happen unless I can find a boutique aluminum artificer!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dice Hate Me
United States
Chapel Hill
North Carolina
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
Norsehound wrote:
The visuals on the prototype pics posted make me want to play this game! I hope the finished version isn't much too different from what we see here.

Michael,

You'll soon see that the updated visuals for VivaJava maintain the spirit that TC has built into the prototype. All I've done is clean some things up and given some more visual variety to the Blend Slates.

I'm glad you like the original so much!

Cheers,
Chris
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dice Hate Me
United States
Chapel Hill
North Carolina
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
nedzhik wrote:
Sounds a great game. Will it come with free coffee?

We may work up a special something for the Kickstarter campaign - a custom blend available to backers if people would be interested. I've been looking into it - more soon!

Cheers,
Chris
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dice Hate Me
United States
Chapel Hill
North Carolina
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
Blair46 wrote:
Looking very forward to kickstart it. Is there any place to find more info on this game? Rules, video playthrough, etc? Or do I have to wait for the kickstarter?

We will be posting new art on BGG, as well as on dicehatemegames.com as the Kickstarter campaign gets rolling on Jan. 25. I'll also be working on a preliminary rulebook in the next couple of weeks for everyone to take a look at.

Look for the intro video and a sample of gameplay on Kickstarter!

Cheers,
Chris
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard McCormack
United Kingdom
Nottingham
Nottinghamshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
ckirkman wrote:
Defendo wrote:
** Tumble weeds **

Sorry, Richard - for some reason, my subscriptions weren't activating!

VivaJava will hit Kickstarter on Jan. 25. We'll have tons more info. on the Kickstarter campaign page, along with a video and some more art. You can also visit dicehatemegames.com for more info, as well.

Cheers,
Chris

No worries thanks for the reply. look forward to some more info.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave Young
Canada
Calgary
Alberta
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
ckirkman wrote:
pdubarry wrote:

Hah! Philip that has been my white whale. Tin manufacturing at that size is expensive unless you commit to 10,000 or more. I wanted to offer a possible deluxe version just for Kickstarter, but I'm not sure that's going to happen unless I can find a boutique aluminum artificer!

What about including a label that you could affix to a standard size coffee can; so I buy a can of coffee, drink it, clean it out, attach the label and then put the game components in!

As a bonus, this satisfies people who don't like storing game component in tins.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dice Hate Me
United States
Chapel Hill
North Carolina
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
dpyoung wrote:
ckirkman wrote:
pdubarry wrote:

What about including a label that you could affix to a standard size coffee can; so I buy a can of coffee, drink it, clean it out, attach the label and then put the game components in!

As a bonus, this satisfies people who don't like storing game component in tins.

Dave,

This idea has been bandied about a bit - the only problem is can logistics. The boards for VivaJava are the sticking point; the can has to be larger and a bit taller than a standard, large coffee can. I'm going to do some tests this weekend and see if I can't figure something out or find a can that I can recommend for its size.

If I can work it all out and it proves feasible, there may be a possibility for a sticker label sheet as a reward level or stretch goal.

Cheers,
Chris
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.