Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Gregor McNish
Australia
Melbourne
VIC
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
This came up in the last game I played. One player occupied an unconstructed road, and placed another road behind that one, and occupied that as well.
When scoring, we chose to do them one after the other, so he got 1 point for the first road, and 2 for the second, (the first tile now part of a group).

If we'd chosen to construct them in parallel, it could be argued that each would score 2 points, 1 for itself, and 1 for its other group member.

Which is correct?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
H-B-G
United Kingdom
Halesowen
West Midlands
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm not sure, but I think it would be 2 points each.

Another thing comes to mind however. Was the second path adjacent to a constructed tile when it was placed? If it was only adjacent to the existing unconstructed path it would be an illegal placement.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Julian Clarke
Australia
Watson
ACT
flag msg tools
www.unhalfbricking.com
badge
Gamer for over 30 years, & online games retailer for over 10 years
mbmbmbmbmb
DaveD wrote:
Another thing comes to mind however. Was the second path adjacent to a constructed tile when it was placed? If it was only adjacent to the existing unconstructed path it would be an illegal placement.

The tile was legally placed.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nate Simons
United States
Johnston
Iowa
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
gmcnish wrote:
This came up in the last game I played. One player occupied an unconstructed road, and placed another road behind that one, and occupied that as well.
When scoring, we chose to do them one after the other, so he got 1 point for the first road, and 2 for the second, (the first tile now part of a group).

If we'd chosen to construct them in parallel, it could be argued that each would score 2 points, 1 for itself, and 1 for its other group member.

Which is correct?

According to the Sample Game Play on the Ragnar site the tiles are not constructed "in parallell". The players build in player order, relative to the abbot, so the first player to construct the field would only receive 1 point. The second player to contruct the adjacent field would score the bonus point for the completed field (2 points total).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Swan
Australia
Randwick
NSW
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes, but in Gregor's example, the same player placed both tiles, so turn order doesn't come into the picture.

FWIW, I'd rule that one of the tiles has to be first, so the player can score them in whatever order gives him the most points, which in this case is three.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.