Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jean-Philippe Thériault
Canada
Montreal
Quebec
flag msg tools
mb
Some of us are for the moment piecing together the rules from third party word of mouth rather than actual access to the rulebook, so that question might seem dumb to those with the actual rulebook in hand, but what happens with cheating tokens when a player has multiples of them and gets ejected? Do they still count or do they leave play with the player that gets ejected?

I'm interested because in one video one card spoiled is a star player that allows redirecting cheating tokens to himself and I want to know how good that ability is in the field. If the tokens still count while the player is ejected that is pretty awesome, basically he'd be a ref magnet that would allow you to cheat with near impunity and only risk losing a single player to the ref while still getting the benefits.

Similarly I assume that a cheating ball carrier that gets caught would mean the ball becomes uncontrolled. And from the example of play over on FFG's boards I understand that if you lose your last player to being caught cheating, that means the highlight is undisputed and the opponent gets all the rewards?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
brian
United States
Cedar Lake
Indiana
flag msg tools
mb
XDarkAngelX wrote:
Some of us are for the moment piecing together the rules from third party word of mouth rather than actual access to the rulebook, so that question might seem dumb to those with the actual rulebook in hand, but what happens with cheating tokens when a player has multiples of them and gets ejected? Do they still count or do they leave play with the player that gets ejected?

They go with the player. You flip them all over before resolving any so if you get a whistle, you lose everything else before it takes effect.

Quote:
Similarly I assume that a cheating ball carrier that gets caught would mean the ball becomes uncontrolled. And from the example of play over on FFG's boards I understand that if you lose your last player to being caught cheating, that means the highlight is undisputed and the opponent gets all the rewards?

Yeah, if he is ejected the ball would go to midfield. And if the highlight is undisputed, the whole shebang goes to the other player.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris G
Canada
Kitchener
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
If the player is ejected he dosen't score. The strength of that car is to protect another player. Possibly a ball carrier or just high star power.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jean-Philippe Thériault
Canada
Montreal
Quebec
flag msg tools
mb
So I'm reviewing the rulesbook right now and the correct ruling is that all the cheating tokens at a given highlight are revealed at the same time, then resolved in this order:

1. Ejection
2. Fan frenzy
3. Star Power

1. specifically says to immediately eject the player and remove all his other cheating tokens without resolving them, so that means you would not gain any fans either if the player gets ejected.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Vaughn Sandor
United States
Eastlake
Ohio
flag msg tools
The BBC series is far better than the excellent NBC one. Now go watch it.
badge
This is not me but I have been known to dance like David Brent on occasion.
mbmbmbmbmb
What I was wondering was what happens to the cheating tokens on an injured player?

The injured player goes to the discard pile and the cheating tokens are "discarded" according to the rulebook.

Does that mean they go back into the pool without looking at them?
Do they go off to the side and then back in the pool during the next maintenance phase?
Can you look at them before discarding them?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
brian
United States
Cedar Lake
Indiana
flag msg tools
mb
Vaughn wrote:
What I was wondering was what happens to the cheating tokens on an injured player?

The injured player goes to the discard pile and the cheating tokens are "discarded" according to the rulebook.

Does that mean they go back into the pool without looking at them?

No they are set off to the side and will not reenter the cheating token pool until the next maintenance phase.

Quote:
Do they go off to the side and then back in the pool during the next maintenance phase?

Yes

Quote:
Can you look at them before discarding them?

No. You only reveal cheating icons during the scoreboard phase.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
bjorn vije
Netherlands
groenlo
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Quote:
Quote:

Yeah, if he is ejected the ball would go to midfield. And if the highlight is undisputed, the whole shebang goes to the other player.

I came up with this same question and have read the rulebook multiple times, I have to disagree.

When you look at the top left of page 10 in the rulebook you can read this:
Quote:
When a manager commits a player to a highlight, he is guaranteed to
collect his team zone’s payout (as long as he has players there during the
Scoreboard phase; see “Payout Sections” on page 15)

The ejection fase is part of the Scorebord phase. So when following the rules to the letter one would say that you still collect your team zone's payout. Even when you're last player gets ejected IN the Scoreboard phase.

The only exception is when your last player gets injured. Then he won't make it till the Scoreboard phase.

just my 2 cents

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
brian
United States
Cedar Lake
Indiana
flag msg tools
mb
Reveal cheating tokens is step a of the scoreboard phase. Collect payouts is step d. If you do not have anyone present during step d, you are not allowed to collect anything.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.