Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
JJ Belyeu
United States
Everett
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
So I have always setup the artifacts using all eight tokens. That is, until someone pointed out to me that this is wrong. That you are only supposed to play with 1 token per player, meaning not all/any of the artifacts may be in play.

Is this true? It seems kinda of silly to me to actually play it this way, but I want to play it correctly.

Does anyone else always use all 8 tokens?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Necessary Evil
United States
Glen Arm
Maryland
flag msg tools
Yes, I play the Bass.
badge
Sweet Holy Moses, Fruit F*cker Prime!
mbmbmbmbmb
I usually use the preset maps,
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Henri Harju
Finland
Oulu
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Not unless there are 8 players..
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Lewis
United States
Thornton
Colorado
flag msg tools
NFHS Football & Basketball
badge
Dread Our Coming, Suffer Our Presence, Embrace Our Glory (Solonavi War Cry)
mbmbmbmbmb
A lot of people use all 8, but I think most people use the RAW; I think the point of this is that it becomes an "unknown" how many Artifacts there really are, as you are supposed to discard the unused artifacts without looking (just like you don't look at them when placing). Thus, in a 6-player game, you could have anywhere from 2-4 artifacts, and you won't know until the game proceeds how many there truly are.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
JJ Belyeu
United States
Everett
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
...oops...oh well, live and learn. At least I can play the rest of my games correctly.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Martin DeOlden
United States
Chino
California
flag msg tools
3D printing available for service at: http://www.3dhubs.com/los-angeles/hubs/martin-chino
mbmbmbmbmb
I use all 8 in my games. I find it more interesting that way.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Simon Bourigault
France
flag msg tools
I always use one artifact token per player, but I force the 4 artifacts to be present.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Hector Flores
United States
Round Rock
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I use RAW.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Lewis
United States
Thornton
Colorado
flag msg tools
NFHS Football & Basketball
badge
Dread Our Coming, Suffer Our Presence, Embrace Our Glory (Solonavi War Cry)
mbmbmbmbmb
In our games, we usually just use the real artifacts. We put one on Mallice, and then the other 3 placed such that they are roughly equidistant to at least 2 players each.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Williams
United States
Columbus
Ohio
flag msg tools
BITS FOR THE BITS GOD!
badge
Staring in dumbfounded terror at Frans Raynor's neckbeard.
mbmbmbmbmb
I must have skimmed over and missed that as well, as I didn't realize that was how it worked either. I've always played with all 8 regardless of player count, and kind of like it this way.

I've also house ruled it that each artifact provides a tech discount for its color, and blank artifact tokens give you a trade good.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
JJ Belyeu
United States
Everett
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
IncrediSteve wrote:
I must have skimmed over and missed that as well, as I didn't realize that was how it worked either. I've always played with all 8 regardless of player count, and kind of like it this way.

I've also house ruled it that each artifact provides a tech discount for its color, and blank artifact tokens give you a trade good.

Oh wow, I like that a lot actually. Makes even the dummies worth going for quickly.

And PM me your EDH builds (or at least Generals). I used to play A LOT of MTG, and EDH was my favorite format. I used to have 6 decks.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.