Subject: What does it mean to Level Up with the Shaping Charm? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Draco Malfoy
United States
Broomall
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
Imagine being in Hufflepuff, I think I'd leave, wouldn't you?
mbmbmbmbmb
All creatures are rotated 1 level up.

How does this work with *?

For example, I have a Devotee of the Holy Query that is Level 1. I use the Shaping Charm. Can I flip the dice to the level 2 side with the *?

We played you could level the die up to the next different side as indicated on the bottom of the Creature Card.

So level 1 would become level 2 with no *.

Level 2 with no * would become level 2 with *.

Is this correct? Thanks.

- Mike
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sebastian Grawan
Germany
Eicklingen/Celle
Niedersachsen
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Quote:
For example, I have a Devotee of the Holy Query that is Level 1. I use the Shaping Charm. Can I flip the dice to the level 2 side with the *?
Why weaken the spell? We play it that either next level counts. If there are different 'next levels', then it's up to the casting player to chose the side of the die he/she wants to turn the creature to.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kirk Bauer
United States
Smyrna
Georgia
flag msg tools
Colored baggies for your games, www.boardgamestorage.com.
badge
Colored baggies for your games, www.boardgamestorage.com.
mbmbmbmbmb
rashktah wrote:
Quote:
Why weaken the spell? We play it that either next level counts. If there are different 'next levels', then it's up to the casting player to chose the side of the die he/she wants to turn the creature to.

That's how I understand it. Level is the upper-left number (also the cost to Summon) and if it is a 1 you can rotate it to any die face with a 2 on it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Draco Malfoy
United States
Broomall
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
Imagine being in Hufflepuff, I think I'd leave, wouldn't you?
mbmbmbmbmb
kirkbauer wrote:
rashktah wrote:
Quote:

That's how I understand it. Level is the upper-left number (also the cost to Summon) and if it is a 1 you can rotate it to any die face with a 2 on it.

So if I am on a Level 2 without a *. If I use the Shaping Charm, can I flip it to the other side? (from you answers I would assume no)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sebastian Grawan
Germany
Eicklingen/Celle
Niedersachsen
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
If there is no higher level you can turn the die to, I think the spell can't be cast on that creature.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Gregg
United States
Franklinville
North Carolina
flag msg tools
designer
NightfallGame.com/FAQ
badge
boardgamegeek.com/thread/1234645
mbmbmbmbmb
Shaping Charm: Cast this spell to rotate all Creatures in your Ready Area up 1 Level, if possible.

In the case of multiple legal targets, you choose the result. So if you are currently Level 1 and you have the choice of Level 2 with and without burst, pick whichever side you prefer.

Edit: Note that the Devotee of the Holy Query is the only die that this would apply to.

In the case of already being at max level, there are no legal targets and so you would not be able to turn the die at all.

Edit: Note that the Devotee of the Holy Query and Scavenging Goblin are the only dice that this would apply to.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.