Subject: Geek of the Week #310 - Usrlocal rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Wendell
United States
Twin Cities
Minnesota
flag msg tools
All the little chicks with crimson lips, go...
badge
Hey, get your stinking cursor off my face! I got nukes, you know.
mbmbmbmbmb
usrlocal wrote:
Hungadunga wrote:

Yes, well, that's the sort of blinkered, philistine pig ignorance I've come to expect from you non-creative garbage. You sit there on your loathsome, spotty behinds squeezing blackheads, not caring a tinker's cuss for the struggling boardgamer. You excrement! You whining, hypocritical toadies, with your colour TV sets and your Tony Jacklin golf clubs, your bleeding Masonic secret handshakes and your Geek of the Week! You wouldn't let me join, would you, you blackballing bastards! Well, I wouldn't become a Geek of the Week now if you went down on your lousy, stinking knees and begged me!

Those people from the Party Games Subdomain are so bitter.

Like his avatar*, Hungadunga doesn't want to belong to any club that would actually have him...

Spoiler (click to reveal)
*Unless it was WC Fields who said that, in which case, CASE BLUE!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lucius Cornelius
United States
Vindolanda
Britannia
flag msg tools
No matter where you go, there you are!
mbmbmbmbmb
I love the negative waves!
Peter, what is your favorite swear words?
Are you prepared for the upcoming zombie apocalypse?
What is your opinion of Gunnery Sergeant Hartman's teaching style?
Is there life after death? zombie
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
M·ANTONIVS·M·F·M·N
Canada
flag msg tools
Mein Luftkissenfahrzeug ist voller Aale
mbmbmbmbmb
calandale wrote:

Who are you anyway?

Once I figure out who you are supposed to be, I might make an effort to tell you who I am.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lucius Cornelius
United States
Vindolanda
Britannia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
TonyClifton wrote:
calandale wrote:

Who are you anyway?

Once I figure out who you are supposed to be, I might make an effort to tell you who I am.

Buddha and the Greeks agree knowing who you are is the secret to true happiness.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Herron
United States
Johnson City
Tennessee
flag msg tools
Never play block wargames with a dentist, they have those little mirrors to peek behind the block.
mbmbmbmbmb
mcszarka wrote:
usrlocal wrote:

Well, I recently had cow brain grilled in butter at a local French restaurant. Actually I had one bite of it (someone else had ordered it). I felt queasy for the rest of the night.

One of my friends is a transplanted Tennessean who keeps some things around his house to remind him of home, one of which is a small tin (about 4 ounces) of pork brains. One of my buddies picked it up and started to laugh and told me to look at the nutrition label. One serving (1 can) contained 1,600% of the daily recommended intake of cholesterol...

I have never touched that stuff and don't care to.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Enrico Viglino
United States
Phoenix, AZ
Arizona
flag msg tools
Silenced - BGG's moderation policies have driven me completely from here
badge
http://thegamebox.gamesontables.com/
mb
TonyClifton wrote:
calandale wrote:

Who are you anyway?

Your loss.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lucius Cornelius
United States
Vindolanda
Britannia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
usrlocal wrote:
[edit] And Lucius, you take the absolute value of your wave function -- you can't fool me.

And square it for good measure.

Question: Have you ever bitten a moose or been bitten by it?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
M·ANTONIVS·M·F·M·N
Canada
flag msg tools
Mein Luftkissenfahrzeug ist voller Aale
mbmbmbmbmb
calandale wrote:

Your loss.

Maybe.....probably not though.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Enrico Viglino
United States
Phoenix, AZ
Arizona
flag msg tools
Silenced - BGG's moderation policies have driven me completely from here
badge
http://thegamebox.gamesontables.com/
mb
usrlocal wrote:
Never been bitten by a moose while in the woods -- only blackflies.

Have you ever bitten a blackfly?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Hunga Dunga
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
calandale wrote:
usrlocal wrote:
Never been bitten by a moose while in the woods -- only blackflies.

Have you ever bitten a blackfly?

Was you ever bit by a dead bee?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Zarathustra
United States
Atchison
Kansas
flag msg tools
Der der der der der der der der der
badge
Become who you are!
mb
Is you is or is you ain't my constituency?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Zarathustra
United States
Atchison
Kansas
flag msg tools
badge
Become who you are!
mb
usrlocal wrote:
Benjro wrote:

Damn! We're in a tight spot!

That doesn't really answer my question.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Zarathustra
United States
Atchison
Kansas
flag msg tools
badge
Become who you are!
mb
usrlocal wrote:
Benjro wrote:
usrlocal wrote:
Benjro wrote:

Damn! We're in a tight spot!

That doesn't really answer my question.

Damn! Now we're really in a tight spot!

Fo sho we is -- we both sing from the same prayerbook, O Brother!

Ah, wonderful. Then my advice to you is -- Do not seek the treasure!

Edit-- and while I could quote OB,WAT? all day, I promise not to quote it any more in this thread.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Larz Welo
Indonesia
Kalimantan
flag msg tools
I love People!
badge
I love Wargames!
mbmbmbmbmb
Hey, I'm kind of late to the party but congratulations! I'm proud to see that the wargamers apparently are still extending a ZOC over the GOTW thread...coolcoolcool
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Hunga Dunga
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Zone Of Cheetos.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lucius Cornelius
United States
Vindolanda
Britannia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim Watson
United Kingdom
London
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
How did the cat almost kill you?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Ridgeway
United States
Greenville
South Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
usrlocal wrote:
3. "I was almost killed by a housecat."

TRUE![/size]

We've always been a two-cat household, and have been careful to ensure that our cats were always properly introduced to each other when a new one entered the house (this may sound silly to those without cats, but cat people will know what I'm talking about). About 4 years ago, we took in a third cat named Nemo, since he had just lost his home. Nemo didn't fit in well with our other two guys (Spencer and Quincy) and our carefully constructed cat dynamic was suddenly thrown into disarray! Nemo was a bit of a bully, and he had terrorized Spencer to no end. Spencer was a special case. He was a stray that we had taken in about 8 years back when he had shown up half-dead on our doorstep. When we took him to the vet, who had to shave him to remove all the horrible knots in his fur, we discovered that his skin was full of scars. Spencer had seen a lot of action out in the wild! Because of this, whenever Spencer saw a raccoon outside in our backyard or deck, he would literally go berserk, probably some sort of PTSD, and would strike out at whoever was near him (usually poor little Quincy) because he couldn't get at the raccoon (animal behaviourists call this 'redirected aggression').

A little after Nemo arrived on the scene, there was one evening where the three cats were at the back window when a racoon showed up on our deck. Spencer, predictably, lost it and lashed out at the other two cats causing a horrific chain reaction leading to an insane furball of a three-way cat fight. I dashed up to try to calm the situation by closing the window (being a scientist, my first reaction was to remove the stimulus -- i.e. sight/smell of the raccoon). Being summer, I was wearing shorts, and as I passed by the furball in progress, Nemo detached himself from it and started attacking me! My legs were soon incredibly scratched up and covered in blood. I washed off and my wife and I noticed that Nemo managed to land a bite behind my knee, so we disinfected it with some Polysporin. And I thought that was that.

As the week progressed, the leg that had gotten bitten had become more and more sore, almost to the point where I couldn't bend the knee because of the pain. My wife kept bugging me to see a doctor, but since this happened at the start of term, I stoically (stupidly) carried on and told her that I would at the end of the week. One morning the pain was so great that I passed out in the living room on the way to the breakfast table. My wife called an ambulance and I was whisked to the hospital, where it was discovered that the cat bite had gone much deeper than we thought, and I was infected by a very nasty bacterium called Pasteurella multocida (Latin for 'kills a lot', I guess). By this time the bacterium had travelled all through my leg and was dangerously close to breaking into my bloodstream (a condition called septicemia). Given the pathogenic nature of Pasteurella multocida, the doctors informed us that had I not been brought in I was only one or two days away from losing my leg if not being killed outright by the infection. I was put on intravenous antibiotics (what the doctors called 'the big guns') and had to stay in the hospital for five days. Needless to say, after that experience Nemo had to go. Fortunately, we found another home for Nemo and he ended up in Vancouver and now spends his days far away from raccoons and other jumpy cats.

LESSON LEARNED: If you are ever seriously bitten by a cat, get to a doctor or clinic for antibiotics immediately!!

Watch your back: 'cause they got your number.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andy Beaton
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
I have a cunning plan
mbmbmbmbmb
usrlocal wrote:
[
2. "I played a game of Squad Leader with Joey Ramone in the New York Public Library (42nd St. Branch) back in the 1980s."

FALSE!

A grave disappointment. But not too much of a surprise. I figured Johnny was the one with the wargaming chops.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
[1]  Prev «  3 , 4 , 5 , 6 , 7  Next »  [8] | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.