Hide
11 Posts

Carcassonne: Hunters and Gatherers» Forums » Rules

Subject: bonus tile question rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
SweetPizza SweetPizza
msg tools
I just started playing and I love the game, but have a question that I think has been answered in a few roundabouts ways but I want to ask it straight out...

If, on my turn, I complete a forest with gold in dem' der' hills, which is already tagged by another player's meeple, I understand that the other player will get the points for the closed forest, but do I get the bonus tile? and does the other player score and take back his meeple back on my turn?

Thanks.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
brian
United States
Cedar Lake
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
SweetPizza wrote:
I just started playing and I love the game, but have a question that I think has been answered in a few roundabouts ways but I want to ask it straight out...

If, on my turn, I complete a forest with gold in dem' der' hills, which is already tagged by another player's meeple, I understand that the other player will get the points for the closed forest, but do I get the bonus tile? and does the other player score and take back his meeple back on my turn?

Thanks.

If you complete the feature, it is scored. Whoever has the majority gets the full points and if more than one of you tie, all those tied gets the full points. Regardless who closed it and triggered scoring, all players get their meeple(s) back right then and there.

I have to look up the gold nugget rule as it has been too long since I played this version. But I thought it was whoever placed the tile got the bonus.

ETA: Yeah, if you close the feature, you get the bonus tile regardless who scores for the majority.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
SweetPizza SweetPizza
msg tools
Well...

Thank you for your response ColtsFan, but I am not sure you clearly answered my question.

What I am asking is, there is no majority here...I have NO MEEPLES on the forest I just completed. Another player has a Meeple on it, but again, I have NONE, do I get the bonus tile, even though the other player scores?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
brian
United States
Cedar Lake
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
SweetPizza wrote:
Well...

Thank you for your response ColtsFan, but I am not sure you clearly answered my question.

What I am asking is, there is no majority here...I have NO MEEPLES on the forest I just completed. Another player has a Meeple on it, but again, I have NONE, do I get the bonus tile, even though the other player scores?

Yes.

Completing the feature causes it to score right now, no matter who is there. Since you are the one that completed it, you reaped the reward for the bonus even if you do not have meeples there.

Because of this bonus structure, it is motive for you to help another person out. They get points, but you get a bonus tile.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
SweetPizza SweetPizza
msg tools
Bingo! Thanks ColtsFan...and GO BROWNS!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
brian
United States
Cedar Lake
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
SweetPizza wrote:
Bingo! Thanks ColtsFan...and GO BROWNS!

Go where? I guess up since they have been at the bottom for years!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Connor Cranston
Netherlands
Rotterdam
Zuid-Holland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
What if I close a feature with no meeples on it and no one scores for it, will I still get the bonus tile?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
brian
United States
Cedar Lake
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Khonnor wrote:
What if I close a feature with no meeples on it and no one scores for it, will I still get the bonus tile?

Yes. But if you have a meeple, you should claim it yourself. Unless another feature was so much more attractive.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gerald McDaniel
United States
Lakewood
Colorado
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
This is parallel to the Traders and Builders expansion in regular Carcassonne. If you finish a city that contains trade goods, you collect the goods for later bonus scoring, regardless who controlled the city for its scoring.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Connor Cranston
Netherlands
Rotterdam
Zuid-Holland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thought it was easier to ask here, since it's also a question about the bonus tiles.

The bonus tile with the "mushrooms" on it.

How does it exactly score, the Dutch rules translation is kind of up for debate on either way.

Do you receive the bonus points DURING the counting of points or AFTER?

For example, I have a forest that consists of 4 tiles with 1 of them being the mushrooms tile.

Do I receive 4x2=8+2=10 points or 4+2=6x2=12 points?

The Dutch rules state "During the counting of a forest with a mushroom you will receive 2 bonus points."

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Shaffer
United States
Portland
OR
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It is 4x2 = 8 + 2 = 10.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.