Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Geo
Greece
Athens
Marousi
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Is this a limited Essen only expansion or it will be widely available at shops?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ari
United States
San Francisco
California
flag msg tools
La vie est un jeu
badge
Panem et Circenses
mbmbmbmbmb
GeoMan wrote:

This better not be Essen only or there are going to be a lot of angry peoples, myself included. angryangryangry

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christian Fürst-Brunner
Germany
Neuching
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
KissaTaikuri wrote:
GeoMan wrote:

This better not be Essen only or there are going to be a lot of angry peoples, myself included. angryangryangry

Why not?

In life, there is no right to get everything served to your mouth just by threating to be angry if not! At least, after you left the cradle ...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Geo
Greece
Athens
Marousi
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Well, i tried a friend's copy and i find the game interesting but what bothered me is the replayability - after a couple of games you know what tiles are usually better to buy. The random arrangement of the tiles doesn't add any real replayability.

The expansion will solve this because the tile mix will be different each game (and not just the same tiles requiring different resources), but if Ystari decides to make it limited and i can't get a copy of it, then i am not going to buy Olympos.

Wait and see.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Karis Shem
France
Unspecified
Unspecified
flag msg tools
designer
To answer your question, the game will be widely available and not only in Essen.

That said, it does not complete the game. It offers other things. If you think you found some ideal path to victory with the base game, it does mean that you did not explored all the pathes...

I insist on this point. The base game is complete and rich enough to be played for a long time without the need of an expansion. On the other hand we had a few more ideas and we could not fit them in the game (some of them too complex, some of them needing to much material), so we release them now and i prefer not to wait for 1 year cause it is pointless in nowadays market.

If you want a comparison, this expansion has much in common with a Small World expansion. You do not need it to play the game, but it adds some cool stuff and it's upto you to decide if you need it.

REgards,
Cyril
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ari
United States
San Francisco
California
flag msg tools
La vie est un jeu
badge
Panem et Circenses
mbmbmbmbmb
Cyberian wrote:
KissaTaikuri wrote:
GeoMan wrote:

Why not?

In life, there is no right to get everything served to your mouth just by threating to be angry if not! At least, after you left the cradle ...

Oh I have the right, just ask my mom, she'll tell you. She also says that you are just jealous yuk

Plus being a mad wizard, I shouldn't trust anything you say

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Maarten D. de Jong
Netherlands
Zaandam
flag msg tools
Karis wrote:
I insist on this point. The base game is complete and rich enough to be played for a long time without the need of an expansion. On the other hand we had a few more ideas and we could not fit them in the game (some of them too complex, some of them needing to much material), so we release them now and i prefer not to wait for 1 year cause it is pointless in nowadays market.

You may want to point this out to the guy who awarded the expansion with a 1 already. He seems to think that the base game is only a shadow of the real game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Geo
Greece
Athens
Marousi
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks Karis for the info. Will it be available to pre-order from the Ystari site so those of us who can't attend Essen also get the bonus tile?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Karis Shem
France
Unspecified
Unspecified
flag msg tools
designer
cymric wrote:
Karis wrote:

You may want to point this out to the guy who awarded the expansion with a 1 already. He seems to think that the base game is only a shadow of the real game.

Well, yes and now...

I know it is very difficult nowadays to explain why we do things, because people tend to draw their own conclusions faster and faster.

Anyway, we developed the expansion AFTER the base game, with the idea to introduce some new concepts. You can believe it or not, you can put a note without playing but it won't change the reality...

REgards,
Cyril
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Karis Shem
France
Unspecified
Unspecified
flag msg tools
designer
GeoMan wrote:
Thanks Karis for the info. Will it be available to pre-order from the Ystari site so those of us who can't attend Essen also get the bonus tile?

Nothing is planned yet, but there will be something like this for sure...

Regards,
Cyril
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Beasi
United States
Easthampton
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I was able to pre-order this on Ystari's site today and have it shipped to the US, including the bonus tile.

http://www.ystari.com/catalog/product_info.php?products_id=5...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joel Weeks
United States
Roswell
Georgia
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Just ordered mine. Thanks for the tip.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ari
United States
San Francisco
California
flag msg tools
La vie est un jeu
badge
Panem et Circenses
mbmbmbmbmb
joelbear wrote:
Just ordered mine. Thanks for the tip.

+1

Thanks to ystari for making this available for everyone. thumbsup
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joel Weeks
United States
Roswell
Georgia
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
and if anyone is curious its $19 for expansion plus shipping from Ystari, I love those guys.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Son Do
United Kingdom
London
Chelsea Bridge Wharf
flag msg tools
Hi, is the expansion in English?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Beasi
United States
Easthampton
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It includes rules in multiple languages including English. The components themselves are language independent.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.