Guilhem BOISSON
France
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Say you rolled 7 goods and you have "Quarrying".
You then have to move "Stone" twice.
Do you move it one extra hole each time (resulting in advancing 4 times the stone peg) or just once for the whole process ?

Say you have 4 stones and you have "Engineering". Can you convert all your 4 stones to 12 workers ? Or can you just do 1 stone for 3 workers once ?

Can you build boats before the "shipping" developpement ?

Thanks !
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
ackmondual
United States
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Skanibal wrote:
Do you move it one extra hole each time (resulting in advancing 4 times the stone peg) or just once for the whole process ?

You get 3 units of stone in that case.
1, 2

Skanibal wrote:
Say you have 4 stones and you have "Engineering". Can you convert all your 4 stones to 12 workers ? Or can you just do 1 stone for 3 workers once ?

You can turn in any # of stone to get 3 workers apiece

Skanibal wrote:
Can you build boats before the "shipping" developement ?

Thanks !

Yes. Nm, yeah, in order to build ships, you need to build the Shipping development first, so the answer is No.

3- Build
4- Trade
5- Buy

You build ships during phase #3. Developments are in phase #5.

http://rollthroughtheages.com/latebronzeage.php
Quote:
Shipping
Cost: 25
For every Wood plus Cloth combination your turn in during the Build Cities, Monuments, and/or Ships step, you may build 1 ship. (The Wood is used for the hull and the Cloth is used for the sail.) No workers are needed to build ships. Mark the ships you build on your score sheet. Every turn, for every ship you own, you may swap any one good for any other good during the Trade step. For example, if you owned 2 ships, you could swap 1 Stone and 1 Wood for 2 Spearheads. (All swaps made with Shipping are made with the bank, not the other players.)

1) based on computer implementations
2) based on IRL games I've played with others who (supposedly) know the game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bryan Jensen
United States
Layton
Utah
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Skanibal wrote:

Based on how the rules are written it is easy to interpret that each time you collect stone you get two instead of one since they are sequentially collected. (Therefore in your example a 7-Goods hand roll you'd collect 4 pegs of stone instead of 3.)

Ackmondual is right that based on the RTTA iPhone app Quarry is implemented where once per turn you get +1 stone when collecting stone. (Therefore, per your example you get 3 pegs of stone not 4.)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Runcible Spoon
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
I am not going to claim that I have the right interpretation of the rules, but my understanding aligns with this:

quixotequest wrote:

Based on how the rules are written it is easy to interpret that each time you collect stone you get two instead of one since they are sequentially collected. (Therefore in your example a 7-Goods hand roll you'd collect 4 pegs of stone instead of 3.)

I cannot speak to any issues regarding any digital format.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
ackmondual
United States
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Runcible Spoon wrote:
I am not going to claim that I have the right interpretation of the rules, but my understanding aligns with this:

quixotequest wrote:

I cannot speak to any issues regarding any digital format.

FWIW, to cite other comments on the matter at hand....
http://www.boardgamegeek.com/thread/492703/quarry

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Guilhem BOISSON
France
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
thanks all it is now all clear =)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
ackmondual
United States
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

Also for Quarrying, if nothing else, word from the designer....

http://www.boardgamegeek.com/article/3159597#3159597
mleacock wrote:
The quick reference card states, "Take 1 extra stone when you produce any stone on your turn."

Note that it says, "any" and not "every" -- although I can see how that could be interpreted another way.

Intent: "Take 1 extra stone if you produce at least 1 stone on your turn."

- Matt

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.