♪ Isaäc Bickërstaff ♫
United States
Greer
South Carolina
flag msg tools
designer
Entropy Seminar:
badge
The results of a five yeer studee ntu the sekund lw uf thurmodynamiks aand itz inevibl fxt hon shewb rt nslpn raq liot.
mb
A recent Funagain sale advertised copies of Hansa bundled with the "Compass expansion"; does anyone know what this is? I don't see it doing a quick search of the forums, nor do I see an entry in the database for such a thing. Is this the same as the Extrakarte expansion?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Geo
Greece
Athens
Marousi
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It looks like a gimmick: you spin a small compass and when it stops it determines if the ships will move with or against the wind.

You can achieve the same result by rolling a D6: 1-3 normal movement, 4-6 reverse movement...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
W. Eric Martin
United States
Apex
North Carolina
flag msg tools
admin
designer
Verkisto wrote:
A recent Funagain sale advertised copies of Hansa bundled with the "Compass expansion"; does anyone know what this is? I don't see it doing a quick search of the forums, nor do I see an entry in the database for such a thing. Is this the same as the Extrakarte expansion?

Now in the database as Hansa: The Compass.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Schacht
Germany
Frankfurt
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
addition: this applies for the whole game.

Quote:
It looks like a gimmick: you spin a small compass and when it stops it determines if the ships will move with or against the wind.

You can achieve the same result by rolling a D6: 1-3 normal movement, 4-6 reverse movement...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lee Fisher
United States
Downingtown
PA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
mschacht wrote:
addition: this applies for the whole game.

Quote:

Or just flip a coin.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.