Thales Martins
Brazil
Florianópolis
Santa Catarina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi guys,

I have a quickly question...

To see who starts and gets the first lane, we have to draw a card...

But the sequence of play is the same or whoever is leading in the beginning of next round starts??

Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Victor J
Australia
Sydney
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The sequence of play remains the same for the rest of the game moving clockwise.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gerald McDaniel
United States
Lakewood
Colorado
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
We have never liked that.

We always play that the lead chariot plays first in the round (after the first round, of course). In case of a tie, the chariot on the inside lane (right hand) moves first. Chariots then play in order of placement at the beginning of the round. Makes more sense to us. Everyone gets the same number of turns, but the order changes often and there is quite a bit of tactical play, to generally try to increase your position by taking the inside lane, if you have a choice.

And, in case you are wondering, the first player doesn't win any more often than the last player. Much of it depends on the cards. In our last game, I was the first player to start the game, but the last two of my 6-value cards were on the bottom of my deck, and I finished last.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Victor J
Australia
Sydney
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I prefer the rules as they are.

By allowing the lead chariot to move first lessens some of the tactical play. For instance, lets say the chariot that moved last takes the lead. By playing the rules as is, chariots behind may now be blocked and be forced to miss a turn. If you allow that chariot to immediateky move again as they are in the lead, it will reduce this blockage effect.

It is also easy to keep moving around clockwise, and not having to figure out who's move it is next, as positions change constantly.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thales Martins
Brazil
Florianópolis
Santa Catarina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks guys,

I will try to play both ways, to see what I prefer....

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chad Taylor
United States
Darien
Connecticut
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The challenge here is if you're playing 2 or 3 player with each having two chariots.

We used the coins as indicators and lined them up in turn order. To keep track of who had hailed Caesar, we kept them on the tails side and flipped them to Caesar's head when tribute had been paid.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.