Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
David Tinney
United States
Hamilton
New Jersey
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The safehouse clogs up your hand, but if you have it in your deck and you reveal it as you discard cards from attrition, you may stop discarding cards. It seems like if you can get to your fallout shelter, you need not run from the zombies anymore that day!

What I am asking though, is how does the "We Have the Bomb" card work thematically and/or mechanically? I can only guess at the text because the available picture only shows half of the card.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Max Holliday
United States
Ogden
UT
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Yallow wrote:
The safehouse clogs up your hand, but if you have it in your deck and you reveal it as you discard cards from attrition, you may stop discarding cards. It seems like if you can get to your fallout shelter, you need not run from the zombies anymore that day!

What I am asking though, is how does the "We Have the Bomb" card work thematically and/or mechanically? I can only guess at the text because the available picture only shows half of the card.

Well I'll start with theme first...

The idea is during the 50's the biggest threat to peoples daily life seamed to be 'The Bomb'! I wanted to bring that icon of the 50's into the game... but it changes to game significantly... so I offered it to Mayday as a promo pack. In the zombie apocalypse one of the first strategies that might by used would nuken-um and let god sort them out! So as the survivors work to stay alive, someone some where else as plans of their own... and those plans involve a very big bomb!

So if you start the game and the 'Bomb Shelter' is one of the Swag cards in the game then you must add 'We have the Bomb!' to the bottom 10 cards of the Zombie Deck, this represents the idea that someone is going to drop an A-Bomb on your town sometime after the 5 turn if you're playing a 2p game, 15 if you're playing a 4P game...

Now 'Bomb Shelters' work to prevent some of the damage you 'are' going take when you're attacked by the Hoard and when the bomb is dropped. They may be discarded at any time to draw a card and once in your deck stop you from having to reveal or lose anymore cards from the top of your deck.

When 'We have the Bomb!' is revealed from the top of the zombie deck then the turn ends, you remove 2 cards from the top every Swag pile, reveal 6 cards from the top of the Zombie Deck and 6 cards from the top of each Survivor deck, if the 'Bomb Shelters' is revealed form a players deck than they don't need to reveal anymore cards.

Take all the revealed and removed cards shuffle them together and place them on top of 'We have the Bomb!', at the beginning of each players turn reveal the top 2 cards from this pile and return them to the table, Swag returns to Swag piles and Zombies return to the Zombie Discard.

If a player ever has nothing but 'Bomb Shelter's' in there deck they die, just as if they needed to draw and couldn't.

I hope that clears anything up!

Max
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Tinney
United States
Hamilton
New Jersey
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks Max, that definitely helped clear things up!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Nichols
United States
Cincinnati
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm really glad to have kickstarted to get this promo! It really sounds like it can change the game up and make things more interesting. Cant wait to get my copy.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brandon Barlow
United States
Unspecified
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Got the promo today with the rest of my EBZ and Get Bit Kickstarter stuff. How many cards are supposed to be in the promo pack? I swear on the KS page it said five, but I got something like 9 shelters and 1 We have the Bomb card.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Max Holliday
United States
Ogden
UT
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Multicron wrote:
Got the promo today with the rest of my EBZ and Get Bit Kickstarter stuff. How many cards are supposed to be in the promo pack? I swear on the KS page it said five, but I got something like 9 shelters and 1 We have the Bomb card.

hummm... I must have not noticed that on the Kickstarter. The 'We have the bomb!' promo will come with 8 ;Bomb Shelter' Swag cards (you do play with all 8) and one 'We have the bomb!' card.

hope that helps!

Max
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Byron Olson
United States
Ramsey
Minnesota
flag msg tools
Hey...
badge
Down here...
mbmbmbmbmb
Just another grammar nazi.
Maybe I'm just too picky, but there are a hilarious amount of typos/grammar errors on this card.

There should be a comma after "Before the start of the game," as this is an introductory phrase. Replace the semicolon with a comma. Take out the next semicolon completely. "Necessary," not "nesasary." Twice. Another misuse of the semicolon. "Beginning," not "begaining." "Players" should have an apostrophe. Add a comma after the introductory phase, "At the beginning of each player's turn."

Okay, so I am too picky. Zombies are probably not too concerned with grammar.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Byron Olson
United States
Ramsey
Minnesota
flag msg tools
Hey...
badge
Down here...
mbmbmbmbmb
It is a fantastic game though. Thanks Max!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Sweazey
United States
Powder Springs
Georgia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
soiledshortz wrote:
Maybe I'm just too picky, but there are a hilarious amount of typos/grammar errors on this card.

There should be a comma after "Before the start of the game," as this is an introductory phrase. Replace the semicolon with a comma. Take out the next semicolon completely. "Necessary," not "nesasary." Twice. Another misuse of the semicolon. "Beginning," not "begaining." "Players" should have an apostrophe. Add a comma after the introductory phase, "At the beginning of each player's turn."

Okay, so I am too picky. Zombies are probably not too concerned with grammar.

Honestly, I'm not sure I can call this "hilarious". Somebody at some level of the marketing process should have read this card! Having AN error slip through happens, but this is just sloppy and unprofessional. It would have taken work to ignore all the red lines under the misspellings in the word processor!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.