Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jess Damerst
United States
Oviedo
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: Spiel 2011 Live Demo Schedule & Trailer!
Hey guys! I'm Jess, and I'll be doing demos/interviews this year with Beth and the rest of the crew. I'm SUPER excited and I can't wait to get to work! This is my first time at Spiel and in Germany, so it should be great. I'll do my best for all of you!!

Please feel free to follow me on Twitter (@DamJess), or add me as a friend on XBL (bubblgumanarchy) or PSN (bubblegumanarchy)

See you in October!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jesse Dean
United States
Orlando
Florida
flag msg tools
Pound for pound, the amoeba is the most vicious predator on Earth!
mbmbmb
Ah! Another Central Florida resident/UCF graduate!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scotty Dickey
United States
Brandon
Mississippi
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Sweet!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Brown
United States
Cumming
Georgia
flag msg tools
But don't be fooled by the radio, the TV, or the magazines. They'll show you photographs of how your life should be but they're just someone else's fantasies.
mbmbmbmbmb
HamsterOfFury wrote:
FLAGGO!

I so remember this. I have the microbadge to prove it.

I look forward to the chat as much as I do for the demos. What will be this years FLAGGO! ?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J Knoerzer
United States
Chicago
Illinois
flag msg tools
This blue box is not as cool as David Tennant's...
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Quote:
Hey guys! I'm Jess, and I'll be doing demos/interviews this year with Beth and the rest of the crew. I'm SUPER excited and I can't wait to get to work! This is my first time at Spiel and in Germany, so it should be great. I'll do my best for all of you!!

Please feel free to follow me on Twitter (@DamJess), or add me as a friend on XBL (bubblgumanarchy) or PSN (bubblegumanarchy)

And I'm Beth, the other half of the lady host power-hour! But I'm not nearly as connected as Jess in social media. You can contact me by yelling "Hey Beth" REALLY loud towards the general vicinity of Chicago . . .
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J Knoerzer
United States
Chicago
Illinois
flag msg tools
This blue box is not as cool as David Tennant's...
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
AND, I am also the Beth that forgot to log out of John's account and into my own before I posted that first comment whistle

You can actually find me as
Beth Heile
United States
Chicago
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Alden
United States
Dallas
Texas
flag msg tools
admin
Aldie's Full of Love!
mbmb
cbs42 wrote:
Aldie, how soon will this coverage be archived? I have many of these slots I want to see, but won't be able to watch them live.

We'll likely be using ustream again, so every video will be archived immediately after recording, and we'll be posting up HD versions on BGG really soon afterwards.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Alden
United States
Dallas
Texas
flag msg tools
admin
Aldie's Full of Love!
mbmb
I've updated the schedule with some new additions and moved some around.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Simon Lundström
Sweden
Täby
flag msg tools
Now who are these five?
badge
Come, come, all children who love fairy tales.
mbmbmbmbmb
If there's room to present Japon Brand's games, you'll get the chance of seeing handsome me again.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Gerrits
Belgium
Leuven
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
How do we reserve a belly cameo shot?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James To My Friends
Netherlands
Eindhoven
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
If you're in need of a big belly I'm happy to provide.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Alden
United States
Dallas
Texas
flag msg tools
admin
Aldie's Full of Love!
mbmb
Re: Re: Spiel 2011 Live Demo Schedule & Trailer!
Zimeon wrote:
If there's room to present Japon Brand's games, you'll get the chance of seeing handsome me again.

Simon, can you contact Doug to get on the schedule? I think the Japon demos are a must have.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Dodd
New Zealand
Martinborough
flag msg tools
designer
July 5th Miramar -Be There!
mbmbmbmbmb
Looking forward to it again! Midnight (my time) trash talking with Scott Nicholson - what could be better.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Simon Lundström
Sweden
Täby
flag msg tools
Now who are these five?
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Aldie wrote:
Simon, can you contact Doug to get on the schedule?

I would, if I knew how to get in contact (GM me). I have some other stuff going on, but I believe Sat/Sun is completely open.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
W. Eric Martin
United States
Apex
North Carolina
flag msg tools
admin
designer
Zimeon wrote:
Aldie wrote:
Simon, can you contact Doug to get on the schedule?

I would, if I knew how to get in contact (GM me). I have some other stuff going on, but I believe Sat/Sun is completely open.

GM sent.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Heinrich Glumpler
Germany
Koeln
Unspecified
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmb
Hi,

small correction:

11:00:00 Harald Mücke/Heinrich Glumpler - Mücke Spiele - Schachen, Urknall

Best Regards
Heinrich

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Gong
United States
Bayside
New York
flag msg tools
mb
Where is Vladda and Mage Knight?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stefano Smeriglia
Italy
Roma
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Excuse me the question but if Essen starts the 20th of october, why are there all that events scheduled for 19th? is it not closed?
Thanks.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stefan Brunell
Canada
Bromont
Quebec
flag msg tools
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
Just to drop a few names that will present the games and give news and update in the Asmodee block on Saturday.

Antoine Bauza (7 Wonders, Takenoko, Ghost Stories), Regis Bonnessée (Dixit, Et Toque) Bruno Cathala (Cyclades, Dice Town, Mundus Novus), Emmanuel Beltrando (Gosu, Hattari) Christophe Boelinger (Dungeon Twister, Sarena), Fred Henry (Timeline), Sébastien Pauchon (Bonbons, Tschak!) Pierre Marquis (Quebec).

They will present Essen release, talk about future project or even update of older titles. They are all happy to participate, they don't have the chance to talk with BGG users a lot and they thanks the BGG staff to make it happen.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Simon Lundström
Sweden
Täby
flag msg tools
Now who are these five?
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
TonyMontana wrote:
Excuse me the question but if Essen starts the 20th of october, why are there all that events scheduled for 19th? is it not closed?

Essen starts for the public the 20th. On wednesday and thursday there's the day for the publishers only, so the messe is rather active even then.

(I'm not an Essen representative, so don't take this information as official)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Johannes B.
Germany
Bremen
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Zimeon wrote:
Essen starts for the public the 20th. On wednesday and thursday there are the days for the publishers only, so the messe is rather active even then.

But thursday is the 20th
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nigel Clarke
England
Dursley
Gloucestershire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Zimeon wrote:
TonyMontana wrote:

Essen starts for the public the 20th. On wednesday and thursday there are the days for the publishers only, so the messe is rather active even then.

This answers my questions!
I'm an Essen virgin (along with my wife, daughter and partner), so any hints, tips, maps, threads I should be looking at will be greatly appreciated!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Siegfried Steurer
Austria
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
banzai123 wrote:
I'm an Essen virgin (along with my wife, daughter and partner), so any hints, tips, maps, threads I should be looking at will be greatly appreciated!

Hi Nigel,

another "virgin" here (interesting choice of word :-)).

I got lots of tips already from my Essen-List here: My first Essen: 2011 - Games I am looking 4ward to

The actual maps will be out about one week before the show starts.

all the best
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Simon Lundström
Sweden
Täby
flag msg tools
Now who are these five?
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Impy wrote:
But thursday is the 20th

Sorry, didn't check the dates,

Then I guess the publisher days are 19th and 20th or something 19th only. I believe the messe is open for the public fri-sun, that would be 21-23 seems it's thursday to sunday, that would be 20 to 23rd. But I'm not an Essen rep, so don't quote me on that.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Johannes B.
Germany
Bremen
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Zimeon wrote:
Then I guess the publisher days are 19th and 20th or something. I believe the messe is open for the public fri-sun, that would be 21-23.

Hm, may be, but I don't see any hint at the website. In the section "visitors" it says:
Quote:
Opening Hours:
Thursday to Saturday, October 20th - 22nd, the convention is open from 10 a.m. to 7 p.m., on Sunday, October 23rd, from 10 a.m. to 6 p.m..
The convention is open to everybody, which means you don't need an invitation.

Would be nice to know if I'm only allowed to enter from fri-sun, so I can arrive at friday and save the money for one overnight stay...
And the Ticket which is called "Dauerkarte" ("commutation ticket") on the German website is translated to English with "Four-Day Ticket", so i think the public can visit the messe from thu-sun... But I'm not sure.

Another question on the Four-Day Ticket: Does anyone know if I'm allowed to enter the messe as often as I want with this? For example to go to the hotel or car to grab some food at noon and go back in? Or am I only allowed to enter once a day?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Prev «  1 , 2 , 3 , 4  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.