Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Simon Lundström
Sweden
Täby
flag msg tools
Now who are these five?
badge
Come, come, all children who love fairy tales.
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm not an Essen representative, so don't quote me on what I said. If the site says thurs-sun for visitors, then it's thursday-sunday and nothing else. I guess the publisher's day is wednesday only, then.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Simon Lundström
Sweden
Täby
flag msg tools
Now who are these five?
badge
Come, come, all children who love fairy tales.
mbmbmbmbmb
Impy wrote:
Another question on the Four-Day Ticket: Does anyone know if I'm allowed to enter the messe as often as I want with this? For example to go to the hotel or car to grab some food at noon and go back in? Or am I only allowed to enter once a day?

If you show your ticket when you exit, you can get a re-entry whatever. At least, that's how it was last year.

If not, there are a gadzillion hot dogs stands inside the messe halls.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Johannes B.
Germany
Bremen
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Zimeon wrote:
If you show your ticket when you exit, you can get a re-entry whatever. At least, that's how it was last year.

If not, there are a gadzillion hot dogs stands inside the messe halls.

Thansk a lot for this information! The food was only one example... It also could be the need of carrying the degenerating piles of new games to the hotel laugh

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Johnson
United States
Santa Clarita
California
flag msg tools
designer
That's a Palm Pilot on the left, and a pink iPod mini on the right. Yes, I've been doing BGTG that long!
badge
http://www.WargamesToGo.com
mbmbmb
Fantastic! Kudos yet again for BGG to be at the forefront (probably THE leader) in Essen video coverage!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mousey
Netherlands
Santpoort-Zuid
a nice small town near the sea
flag msg tools
ESSEN The Game: SPIEL '13 Featuring Jonah
badge
RWC2015: Can't wait for it to start.
mbmbmbmbmb
Better reserve a spot for RightGames (Potion-Making: Practice, Evolution: The Origin of Species, The Enigma of Leonardo).
I'm sure there are many geeks who would love to see them on the BGG-Channel

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
W. Eric Martin
United States
Apex
North Carolina
flag msg tools
admin
designer
Mousey wrote:
Better reserve a spot for RightGames (Potion-Making: Practice, Evolution: The Origin of Species, The Enigma of Leonardo).

I sent Ivan Tulovsky's contact information to Doug Garrett about ten days ago. We'll see whether they can work something out since Sunday is about the only spot left...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chaddyboy
United States
Olathe
Kansas
flag msg tools
admin
designer
Bloooooop.
badge
Bluuuuuurp.
mbmbmbmbmb
W Eric Martin wrote:
Mousey wrote:

I sent Ivan Tulovsky's contact information to Doug Garrett about ten days ago. We'll see whether they can work something out since Sunday is about the only spot left...

I also invited them to join the demo schedule about a week ago... they just haven't responded yet. I pinged them again on Friday.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Doug Garrett
United States
Mountain View
California
flag msg tools
This week's podcast - Nations the Dice Game and Neptun
mbmbmbmbmb
Ivan just got back to me today and they have been scheduled for 11:00 on Sunday for 45 minutes.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bart Nijssen
Netherlands
Rosmalen
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Just a few switches:

Thursday, October 20th:
12.30: Revolver - the Wild West Gunfighting Game (with Revolver-designer Mark Chaplin) & Dragon's Gold.

Friday, October 21st:
11.00: Panic Station (by designer David Ausloos) & Rattus Africanus
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian
United States
flag msg tools
mb
That was a nice job with editing for that trailer. The HD looks great and it looks like very high production values.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Play Games - Interact - Have Fun!
United States
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Is there anywhere in the site with a listing of all the videos from past Essen's?

I'm not talking about just pointing to the thread, but somewhere specifically for the list of videos - maybe a Wiki page?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Alden
United States
Dallas
Texas
flag msg tools
admin
Aldie's Full of Love!
mbmb
manowarplayer wrote:
Is there anywhere in the site with a listing of all the videos from past Essen's?

I'm not talking about just pointing to the thread, but somewhere specifically for the list of videos - maybe a Wiki page?

Yep! http://www.boardgamegeek.com/geeklist/60135/geekdo-essen-201...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Current
United States
Carmel
IN - Indiana
flag msg tools
Buzzards gotta eat, same as worms - Outlaw Josey Wales
mbmbmbmbmb
Germany is 6 hours ahead of EST, correct?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Konstantinos Kokkinis
Greece
Athens
Attica
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
www.artipiagames.com
badge
Project: ELITE coming on KS - 29 April 2015
mbmbmbmbmb
BC Indy wrote:
Germany is 6 hours ahead of EST, correct?

http://www.worldtimeserver.com/current_time_in_DE.aspx
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stefan Braat
Netherlands
Papendrecht
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Nice schedule, enjoyed it last year, will watch it this year again.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Doug Garrett
United States
Mountain View
California
flag msg tools
This week's podcast - Nations the Dice Game and Neptun
mbmbmbmbmb
Shelley and I will also have our Flip video cameras ready for additional taping as needed. I couldn't fit everyone on the schedule (tried my best), so we will try to track down everyone else to make sure their games are represented at BGG.con AND hopefully let them have a few video minutes to promote their game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nigel Clarke
England
Dursley
Gloucestershire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Gibmaatsuki wrote:
banzai123 wrote:
I'm an Essen virgin (along with my wife, daughter and partner), so any hints, tips, maps, threads I should be looking at will be greatly appreciated!

Hi Nigel,

another "virgin" here (interesting choice of word :-)).

I got lots of tips already from my Essen-List here: My first Essen: 2011 - Games I am looking 4ward to

The actual maps will be out about one week before the show starts.

all the best

Hi Siegfried,

It's common, in the UK anyway, to use "virgin" when you are new to something. It is a slightly risquee use of the word, and can amuse some people, but there are many occasions when its use is perfectly fine - golfers play to virgin greens if none of his playing partners has hit the green for example.
I'm fascinated by language and the expressions we use in different countries. Recently,working in Euskirchen, I discovered that the expression "cut your nose off to spite your face" is not known in Germany. Maybe there's an alternative but in English it means to do something for the sake of it, or because you had already planned to, even though it might not be in your interest.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Siegfried Steurer
Austria
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
banzai123 wrote:
Gibmaatsuki wrote:
banzai123 wrote:
I'm an Essen virgin (along with my wife, daughter and partner), so any hints, tips, maps, threads I should be looking at will be greatly appreciated!

Hi Nigel,

another "virgin" here (interesting choice of word :-)).

I got lots of tips already from my Essen-List here: My first Essen: 2011 - Games I am looking 4ward to

The actual maps will be out about one week before the show starts.

all the best

Hi Siegfried,

It's common, in the UK anyway, to use "virgin" when you are new to something. It is a slightly risquee use of the word, and can amuse some people, but there are many occasions when its use is perfectly fine - golfers play to virgin greens if none of his playing partners has hit the green for example.
I'm fascinated by language and the expressions we use in different countries. Recently,working in Euskirchen, I discovered that the expression "cut your nose off to spite your face" is not known in Germany. Maybe there's an alternative but in English it means to do something for the sake of it, or because you had already planned to, even though it might not be in your interest.

Hi Nigel,

thank you, very interesting, the cut nose is new to me too. Maybe I will find a german expression that comes close (cant think of one right now).

Btw, the Essen-Plans are out now.

All the best

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nigel Clarke
England
Dursley
Gloucestershire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Where can I find them?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Siegfried Steurer
Austria
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
banzai123 wrote:
Where can I find them?

http://www.internationalespieltage.de/e100.php4

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nigel Clarke
England
Dursley
Gloucestershire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'd already found that plan. I guess I thought it would be a little more detailed - exhibitors' locations, toilets, places to eat, parking including disabled, that sort of thing.

Thanks anyway.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Siegfried Steurer
Austria
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
banzai123 wrote:
I'd already found that plan. I guess I thought it would be a little more detailed - exhibitors' locations, toilets, places to eat, parking including disabled, that sort of thing.

Thanks anyway.

Its all there. Just klick on the left or down for detailed hall plans.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nigel Clarke
England
Dursley
Gloucestershire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Doh! I can use a computer, really I can.
Thanks again.

You wouldn't happen to know about emission zones would you?
I am staying at Phantasialand (Bruhl) and therefore driving up to Essen from there. Will I need a sticker?

I would also like to find out whether there is handicapped (disabled) parking anywhere.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Siegfried Steurer
Austria
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
banzai123 wrote:
Doh! I can use a computer, really I can.
Thanks again.

You wouldn't happen to know about emission zones would you?
I am staying at Phantasialand (Bruhl) and therefore driving up to Essen from there. Will I need a sticker?

I would also like to find out whether there is handicapped (disabled) parking anywhere.

Sorry - language problem (I read "plan" and thought you only saw the first one) blush

As it will be my first Spiel too, I dont know about the parking ... maybe you can ask directly at the Messe? http://www.messeessen.de/en/messeessen/kontakt.html

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Surya Van Lierde is pure Eurosnoot and proud of it!
Belgium
Michelbeke
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
banzai123 wrote:

Going to ride Black Mamba? Have fun, it's quite good!

It all depends on where you'll be parking in Essen. I'll come from the freeway and go straight to the Messe parking, so I won't need one. But if I park 2 streets away, closer to our hotel, I would need one.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Prev «  1 , 2 , 3 , 4  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.