Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Raiko Puust
Estonia
Keila
Harju Maakond
flag msg tools
designer
Raiko & Agnes Forever! Feel the Love and Feel the Warmth. Happiness is 2 hugs plus 3 kisses every hour...:D (http://mrboardgames.wordpress.com/)
badge
Addicted Estonian gamer with big heart and direct winning attitude. Need any help with something, just ask. Need some GG for something, just ask. Need something to be translated, just ask. Meanwhile, behave! :D (http://mrboardgames.wordpress.com/)
mbmbmbmbmb
Great choice!

Enjoy your week.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jan
Belgium
De Haan
flag msg tools
designer
If you have some sanity left...
badge
...come and join me in the tavern I buy you a mug of beer.
mbmbmb
Congratulations!

My usual questions:
- Ever played any RPG's?
- Have you ever visited the RPG side of the site?
- Will you congratulate you're RPGG and VGG counterpart?

Have fun this week and may you play many games.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kenny VenOsdel
United States
Saint Paul
Minnesota
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Quote:
When hiking in Uganda I crested a hill and came face to face with a lion. Evidently it wasn't hungry, since it took one look at me and wandered off

You might not answer my questions right away since it is related to your lie...I mean, possible lie...

Anyway. Last year I lived in Uganda for 9 months doing volunteer work.

When were you there? Why did you go? Where did you visit? What did you like? What did you hate? In response to that last one, did you really hate Matooke that much?

On a serious note though, have you ever tried to get Paul to dress as Murray from Flight of the Conchords for Halloween?

Love the show! When I told my wife about it I said "They are pretty silly but when they actually start talking about the games they have this strange sort of eloquence that is oddly perfect."
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Brillantes
United States
Livermore
California
flag msg tools
This space left intentionally blank.
badge
One last tour here on the Death Star and I can retire. What was that noise?!
mbmbmbmbmb
Congratulations, Quinns!

With your selection, my personal top ten choices for GotW have all been selected. This happened within the space of five months.surprise
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Raimond
Sweden
Göteborg
Västra Götalands län
flag msg tools
Northern Lights
badge
Imagination will often carry us to worlds that never were. But without it we go nowhere. (Carl Sagan 1934-1996)
mbmbmbmbmb
Quinns!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael
United States
Lincoln
NE: NEBRASKA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Congratulations, love your videos
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tyler S
United States
Sheboygan
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Congrats Quinns...

Question: Do you read RPS w/ ad-block?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kelly Bass
United States
Venice
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Wow! I'm really enjoying these "reviews" or whatever they are. Glad you're Geek of the Week so that your videos get more exposure.

If someone gave you a million pounds to not play boardgames, cardgames, or videogames for a year, and you could never tell anyone why you stopped, would you do it?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lewis Goldberg
United States
Arnold
Missouri
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Congrats! Have fun this week.

"No questions, your honor."
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Hammer Man
Spain
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Congratulations, Quinns!

Enjoy your week.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Djali
Belgium
flag msg tools
Hakuna
badge
Matata
mbmbmbmbmb
Congratulations!
And I hope you have lots of fun this week!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
M T
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
You work for Paradox Quintin Smith? Cool, best PC game company ever!
Who are you over at the Paradox forums?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris B
Canada
Victoria
British Columbia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

Congratulations! Enjoy your week!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David
New Zealand
Auckland
flag msg tools
May the Great Spirit Bless all who read this.
mbmbmbmbmb
Congratulations. Great vid.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jules
Belgium
flag msg tools
Hanlon's razor: Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity
badge
Hanlon's razor: Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity
mbmbmbmbmb
Yay, Shut up and sit down! Questions for Quinns!:

- Where have you been all my life?
- What do you do at Paradox, apart from picking your own job title?
- Have you ever rage quit a board game?
- Do you LARP (or have you ever - you're building up quite a good outfit collection for it)?
- Are you working on your own game as well?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Quintin Smith
United Kingdom
London
Englands
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for the kind words, Serious Lee!

Sorry for my absence from the thread. I just received a package from Czech Games containing seven (seven!) games, from Galaxy Trucker to Bunny Bunny Moose Moose. So, er, expect an awful lot of Czech Game reviews from SU&SD in the near future.

leemc13 wrote:
Who do you see as your comedic influence? I sense a Monty Python/Kids in the Hall-esque influence in your work?

What themed version of Monopoly would you like to see created that hasn't already been made?

What game/s do you regulary play with family?

ONE! While so much British humour can be traced back to Monty Python, neither myself nor Paul would cite it as an influence. Paul loves The Armando Iannucci Show and everything Iannucci has ever touched, whereas I'm all about Spaced. I also grew up on a heavy, heavy diet of Red Dwarf.

TWO! They've just announced Metal Gear Solid Risk and I'm standing firm, but if they were to ever announce Metal Gear Solid Monopoly I might crack.

THREE! I'm not hugely close with my family, sadly. We're scattered across the UK like so much bad weather and all just do our own stuff.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Quintin Smith
United Kingdom
London
Englands
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hey Barad!

Barad_the_dwarf wrote:
My usual questions:
- Ever played any RPG's?
- Have you ever visited the RPG side of the site?
- Will you congratulate you're RPGG and VGG counterpart?

Have fun this week and may you play many games.

I just this Spring wrapped up a Deadlands: The Weird West campaign. If any North Americans are reading this and wondering how a table full of English people do American accents, the answer is, obviously, "badly".

At the minute I'm playing in a campaign using the new Fantasy Flight incarnation of the Warhammer Fantasy Roleplay rules, and it's... well, it's absolutely bizarre, isn't it? I still have no idea how I feel about burying my roleplaying under a landslide of tokens, cards and custom dice, but we have an amazing GM (Kieron Gillen, who's probably most well-known for writing some of this year's Uncanny X-Men comics ) so it's always fun anyway.

I'm afraid I don't play quite enough to justify using the RPGG incarnation of the site, though I wish my counterpart well. The big geek.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
☆ ✧ ☆ ✧ ☆
United States
Minneapolis
Minnesota
flag msg tools
Looking at these stars suddenly dwarfed my own troubles and all the gravities of terrestrial life. I thought of their unfathomable distance, and the slow inevitable drift of their movements out of the unknown past into the unknown future. H.G. Wells
badge
Humankind has not woven the web of life. We are but one thread within it. Whatever we do to the web, we do to ourselves. All things are bound together. All things connect. Chief Seattle
mbmbmbmbmb
Congratulations Quintin!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Quintin Smith
United Kingdom
London
Englands
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hey Kenny. Volunteer work, eh? Very cool! It's such a friendly place.

I liked all the men holding hands, and the wildlife, and the ludicrous thunderstorms, and I liked that even though the limp mohawk I was sporting at the time made me look like a root vegetable it still made everyone I met very happy.

But yeah, matoke could probably just cease to exist and I wouldn't mind. If I wanted to remember its beautiful taste I could probably just chew on some styrofoam.

As for Flight of the Conchords, my current concern is actually finding my girlfriend one of the animal sweaters that Bret wears for her birthday. I forgot last year, and now I have a month left to find one. WHERE DOES HE BUY THEM?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kenny VenOsdel
United States
Saint Paul
Minnesota
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Quinns wrote:
WHERE DOES HE BUY THEM?

My guess is thrift stores?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Quintin Smith
United Kingdom
London
Englands
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
ts061282 wrote:
Congrats Quinns...

Question: Do you read RPS w/ ad-block?

I don't read anything with ad-block. How else would I find out about fabulous deals! ...or support the sites I like?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Quintin Smith
United Kingdom
London
Englands
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
kvenosdel wrote:
Quinns wrote:
WHERE DOES HE BUY THEM?

My guess is thrift stores?

I have no luck in those places. I go in and there's like a pile of wrinkled belts and a copy of Knizia's Lord of the Rings.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Quintin Smith
United Kingdom
London
Englands
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hey Chockle! omg best name ever.

chockle wrote:
If someone gave you a million pounds to not play boardgames, cardgames, or videogames for a year, and you could never tell anyone why you stopped, would you do it?

Good lord yes. I don't know which I'd enjoy more, the million pounds or the fact that I'd have no other choice but to spend an entire year reading and cooking.

Seriously though, I think taking routine breaks from games, even if it's just to play another kind of game, can be really helpful. I suspect this current of enthusiasm that lets me spend whole days filming SU&SD comes from the fact that I've returned to board games after a six year break and there are just SO MANY AMAZING THINGS TO PLAY!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan Warren
United Kingdom
Wisbech
CAMBRIDGESHIRE
flag msg tools
designer
"Elves are very good at board games, and I'm NOT an elf!"
mbmbmbmbmb
Quinns wrote:
Paul loves The Armando Iannucci Show and everything Iannucci has ever touched, whereas I'm all about Spaced. I also grew up on a heavy, heavy diet of Red Dwarf.

Which means that Paul must be a KMKYWAP fan!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tim Silver
United States
Lino Lakes
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Congratulations Quinns!

As you can tell from my avatar, I'm a big Manchester United fan. Are you (or Paul for that matter) a big football fan? Tottenham's not looking too bad this year, and they're one of my next favorite teams.

Tim
Plymouth, MN

(Katey says "Congratulations!" too)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Prev «  1 , 2 , 3 , 4  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.