Popular Tags: [View All]
Steve \/\/
United States
Scotia
New York
flag msg tools
admin
designer
I know where you live, and I've seen where you sleep. I swear to everything holy that your mothers will CRY when they see what I've done to you.
badge
Oh, not in Utica, no. It's an Albany expression.
mb
I'm seriously considering getting this game - to the point where I'm looking to make sure I can get enough of the right size of sleeves, for instance - and it struck me that depending on what size the box is in relation to the cards I might not be able to get them all back in once sleeved.

My intention is to go with the Mayday Dark Purple sleeves as I've been very pleased with the thickness of the similar Dark Green & Orange varieties; however, I also know that using sleeves of that thickness can easily add another third in height of the existing stack.

Anyone have any recommendations for storage if the box won't fit such sleeved cards?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Berger
United States
Volo
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Steve Dubya wrote:
Anyone have any recommendations for storage if the box won't fit such sleeved cards?

I'm trying not to sound snarky - but are you sure you're going to play Chrononauts enough for it to be worth sleeving? I mean, it's fun occasionally, if too much like "Time Travel Fluxx" for my taste, but I also wouldn't sleeve something like No Thanks, which I would probably play a lot more than Chrononauts. And it's not like Dominion where you're shuffling a hundred times a game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Hawks
United States
Apple Valley
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The Lost Identities expansion barely fits into the box as it is. There's no way sleeved cards will fit.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Justin Tackett
United States
Florida
flag msg tools
arkayn wrote:
I'm trying not to sound snarky - but are you sure you're going to play Chrononauts enough for it to be worth sleeving? I mean, it's fun occasionally, if too much like "Time Travel Fluxx" for my taste, but I also wouldn't sleeve something like No Thanks, which I would probably play a lot more than Chrononauts. And it's not like Dominion where you're shuffling a hundred times a game.

To some people (myself included), sleeving is their thing. I'm one of those people. I've sleeved cards that aren't even ever going to get shuffled.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Berger
United States
Volo
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
XShagrath wrote:
arkayn wrote:

To some people (myself included), sleeving is their thing. I'm one of those people. I've sleeved cards that aren't even ever going to get shuffled.

Fair enough. I'm one of those people that is almost entirely against sleeves. I hate them.

But I do think they're necessary for Dominion because you shuffle constantly and also shuffling 10 cards is actually easier with sleeves.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bryan Stout
United States
Annandale
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
If you sleeve the cards, you can put them in the original box but the lid would be lifted up. You could keep it in place with an elastic band, or Hugo's tape, or something similar.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve \/\/
United States
Scotia
New York
flag msg tools
admin
designer
I know where you live, and I've seen where you sleep. I swear to everything holy that your mothers will CRY when they see what I've done to you.
badge
Oh, not in Utica, no. It's an Albany expression.
mb
arkayn wrote:
I'm trying not to sound snarky - but are you sure you're going to play Chrononauts enough for it to be worth sleeving?

A worthwhile question. Are the cards of reasonably decent quality where they probably wouldn't need it?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Justin Tackett
United States
Florida
flag msg tools
Barliman wrote:
If you sleeve the cards, you can put them in the original box but the lid would be lifted up. You could keep it in place with an elastic band, or Hugo's tape, or something similar.

I think this would depend on the thickness of the sleeves. I only use the 100 micron FFG sleeves, and they pretty much double (or more) the size of any deck. If you went with the much thinner "penny" sleeves, you might be able to get them back in the original box and use some Hugo's tape to keep the cards from falling out. A custom tuckbox might be the way to go if you really need to have these cards sleeved though.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Berger
United States
Volo
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Steve Dubya wrote:
arkayn wrote:
I'm trying not to sound snarky - but are you sure you're going to play Chrononauts enough for it to be worth sleeving?

A worthwhile question. Are the cards of reasonably decent quality where they probably wouldn't need it?

Also a good question. Unfortunately I don't own it and last played it some time ago. To me, the cards are of sufficient quality to not need sleeving because I don't like sleeving cards and I wouldn't play it more than a few times a year. But I don't recall how high quality they are or aren't.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jay Duval
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Sleeving is a disease...just another way for the boardgame industry to reach into your pockets. Against what usually damages cards sleeves are pretty worthless, ex. spilling liquid on the cards or accidental bending. No the cards sleeved will not fit in the box, the box almost comes presplit with the cards as they are.
The cards in the game are good quality, but the cards are not handled too much during play.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Elsenheimer
United States
Howard City
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
We thick-sleeved Seven Dragons, which seems to have a similar sized box. No, the cards don't fit back into the original box, but I have been considering buying one of the plastic deck boxes which can be found in shops which offer CCGs. I too might someday sleeve Chrononauts if I play it as often as we play Seven Dragons. I can't bring myself to sleeve Fluxx, though we play it a bunch; perhaps if I ever obtain the Monty Python version, we might do that one.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
anevil giraffe
United Kingdom
Cambridge
flag msg tools
mb
bit late to this party...

love the game, but I have sleeved just the timeline cards as I can see them getting tatty with the constant flipping, but even with Ultra Pro Standard American Gaming Cards sleeves (handily labeled on the pack for Fluxx sized cards) on those 32 cards, it's a tight fit to get just the basic set back in the box.

can anyone recommend a deck box that is the right size for the Fluxx/Chrononauts sized cards?

cheers,

Chris.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.