Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jacob Fryxelius
Sweden
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
This game is hand-made at this stage, with beautifully carved and painted models. There will only be a few copies at Essen, and they will be in english. But, since each copy is made individually at the moment, I guess it would not be impossible to make a copy in german, if that is desired and ordered.

The hand-made version will cost officially 190 euros at Essen(hopefully it will be a little bit less) and will include 13 different sculpted and painted models, 8 board segments, lots of cards and many other things, all gorgeous and well done. Be sure to check it out at Essen! When buying the game, you also get bonus content: Our card games Wallbuilder and Turnover Solitaire (played with regular game cards) and a 16 GB USB stick with our logo (Unless we have problem with the USBs and don't get them in time. Shouldn't be a problem.).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
thx for these informations....

ok i have to say first the price is.... how can i say ... WOW ...
i like this game but i think for normal players its just really heavy.....
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jacob Fryxelius
Sweden
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
I know it's expensive. However, if there is enough interest we will print it and then the price would off course go down quite a bit. So please try it at Essen and tell us what you think. :-)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
France
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Fryxen wrote:
I know it's expensive. However, if there is enough interest we will print it and then the price would off course go down quite a bit. So please try it at Essen and tell us what you think. :-)

unfortunately at this price, this will be the only thing to do : test it to have played it once.

i like collector editions of games but 190 euros...
and the bonuses are really not attractive.

soblue
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
powerwis wrote:
Fryxen wrote:

unfortunately at this price, this will be the only thing to do : test it to have played it once.

i like collector editions of games but 190 euros...
and the bonuses are really not attractive.

soblue

i agree

its nice, but who needs a 16gb usb stick???
we just want to play nice games on board :-)
*whisper* "to a affordable price" *whisperend*
*g*
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan Fryxelius
Sweden
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmb
The more people that tests the game in Essen and shows interest, the bigger the chance of reducing the price. When mass-producing it, it will not be impossible to reduce the price to about 40 € instead. But we must know in Essen if there is a reason to mass-produce it. So come and play!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rom tos
Netherlands
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Sounds indeed like a great thing to try at Spiel.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Vangelis Bagiartakis
Greece
Athens
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Lord_Aethan wrote:
The more people that tests the game in Essen and shows interest, the bigger the chance of reducing the price. When mass-producing it, it will not be impossible to reduce the price to about 40 € instead. But we must know in Essen if there is a reason to mass-produce it. So come and play!

Why don't you try something like kickstarter or indiegogo? It sounds like they are exactly what you need.

You make a project showing the game, and ask for backers. If there is enough interest you will get funded and you will be able to publish the game, without any risk.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan Fryxelius
Sweden
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmb
That sounds lovely, I've never heard of them. Is there a website to visit? Could you link that to me? I'd love to look into that. Thank you!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Vangelis Bagiartakis
Greece
Athens
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
The most common one is kickstarter which you can find at www.kickstarter.com. However, unless I am mistaken, I think it is valid only for US or something.

The alternative is www.indiegogo.com which pretty much does the same thing but is more international.

If you want to see how other games have used kickstarter to get published (it gets more and more common these days) you can check out this list:

Boardgame Kickstarter Projects

You 'll find a lot of people in a situation similar to yours!

Hope it helps.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
François Mahieu
Belgium
Rhode-Saint-Genèse
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Are the rules available somewhere?

Edit: got them. Thanks.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Immanuel Gadaczek
Germany
Niedernhausen
Hessen
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I've seen it in Essen, defintly an interesting game. I hadn't played it but had my "look and feel" experience. I like the idea and the setting. As far as I understood the rules by fast read through I will definitly like the game mechanics. Well done guys, I hope you find somebody for mass production. It would be a pity if this game disappears and will never again show up on the market.
If you would give it into mass production I would preorder directly if the price is below 40€.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jackson Chin
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Lord_Aethan wrote:
That sounds lovely, I've never heard of them. Is there a website to visit? Could you link that to me? I'd love to look into that. Thank you!

Dear Jonathan, if you ever venture into Kickstarter project, do pls announce here as well...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan Fryxelius
Sweden
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmb
Hello everybody!

We have now started a fund-raising project. We will be mass producing Wilderness within a few months! You all have the opportunity to pre-order the game by donating to this project. By doing so, you can;

1) Get the game cheaper than in stores
2) Get the game before it even appears in stores
3) Get the game sent home to you, whereever you live!
3) Get the metal tin figures hand-painted and sent home to you.
4) Help us greatly in this large project
5) Increase the status of the project, so that we reach more people!

Here is the project link;
http://igg.me/p/65738?a=370318
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.