Ticket to Ride: Alvin & Dexter» Forums » Rules

Subject: Drawing and Keeping the Monsters rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Matt Newland
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
So Player 1 takes his turn and draws Dexter and places it face up in front of him and moves Dexter to the city of his choice and ends his turn. Now Player 2 take his turn and does his thing then discards to draw a monster card. He draws Dexter. He won't be able to move Dexter, because the card is face up in front of Player 1, but does he still get to keep the card (which will then count towards Dexter points at the end of the game) or is the card forfeit?

Sorry if this has been asked before, but I couldn't find it anywhere in the forums.

Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Tanner
United States
Chicago
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Pretty sure Player 2 wouldn't be allowed to draw Dexter in the first place.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Newland
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
So you wouldn't be able to draw a monster card - period - while another monster is face up on the table?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Hawks
United States
Apple Valley
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
No, you can't draw a monster card when that particular monster is face-up on the table. Alvin can be moved, even if someone has a face-up Dexter card—just as long as no one has a face-up Alvin card.

Think of the card as your reward for moving a particular monster; you get a card only when you move the corresponding monster. Once a particular monster is moved, he can't be moved again for an entire round of play, which is what the face-up card is tracking.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Newland
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
So now I think I understand where the confusion was coming from and I hope I'm not the only one who played it this way. I feel like a tool. I shuffled all the monster cards and placed them face down. When we played, whenever someone discarded a card, they'd take the top card off the monster deck and see who it was. They were then allowed to move that monster. This obviously caused problems when we wanted to move a monster that was face up as we didn't know what to do with the card we'd just drawn.

Well the answer is we were playing completely wrong. *sigh*

Thanks for all the clarification guys.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.