Subject: About some of the plastic rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Henning Karlsson
Sweden
Ljungby
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
In one of the dwarf sprues, there's a cup and an orc's head. What are these for?

Both skeleton sprues each have one Pit of Souls, but also one other holy-thingie each (the things one round bases with "spikes" in a circle). There's also a tombstone on each of these sprues. What are these for?

One of the Dwarf Warriors that come in two parts (torso and legs) had a hand but no weapon. I can't seem to find a lonely dwarf weapon that's not two handed. All of them seem to be attached to arms. Is there a good dwarf weapon in there somewhere?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Bird
Australia
Victoria
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The sprues bundled with this game were not custom-made specifically for it. These same sprues can be purchased separately from the Mantic website, for their "Kings of War" game.

Thus, all the extra plastic you see on the sprue was mostly put there for fun, and not with any DKH-specific purpose in mind. (I particularly like the custom skulls: one with a bird pecking at it, and the other with an axe embedded in it.) This hasn't stopped them, however, using some of the "extra goodies" for mission-specific goals, e.g. the Dead Dwarf in Mission 1.

Not sure about the missing Dwarf weapon, as I don't have the sprues in front of me right now. Maybe you could give him the beer mug? Once I get around to assembling and painting these guys myself, I'll see if I can't help you out. Don't hold your breath, though - this might take a while...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Henning Karlsson
Sweden
Ljungby
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Ah well. Thanks for the answers, anyway. It's appreciated.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rob Buchler
United States
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
A little late, but one of the shield breaker dwarfs carries his two-handed weapon with two hands,holding it out in front of him; the other holds it with just one hand almost as if using it as a staff or walking stick.
Hope this helps.
And yes, the extra bits are just extra bits. You can model up your bases with them, or start a box of spare parts for down the road if you ever get into miniatures gaming on a larger scale.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Bird
Australia
Victoria
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
OK, I've had a look at the sprue now, and I see what you mean. What I would do (and, in fact, plan to do) would be to take one of the two-handed hammers on that sprue, and clip off the extra length of staff past the grip in the middle. Viola, you now have a one handed hammer!

Just so we're clear, these bits:

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Henning Karlsson
Sweden
Ljungby
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Sorry for a late response, but I didn't notice this thread got more posts blush

Anyways, just wanted to sya thanks. I know how I'm gonna fix it now.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.