3 Posts

Golan: The Last Syrian Offensive» Forums » General

Subject: Folio series - are they worth buying? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
jason roberts
msg tools
mb
I'm interested in buying a few of the folio series( this is one of them) My problem is there's not much feed back on any of the games on BGG. Are they worth the inexpensive price + what do you feel is the best of them? Thks for any feedback.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Martí Cabré

Terrassa
Catalonia, Spain
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I've just played a game of Golan and still have no opinion of this game itself but it seems clear that the games are simple and straight.

The rules could be a little clearer, though. They have some repetitions and there are wordings not explained, and there is not much information here or in CSW.

But I think the best action with this kind of games is just houseruling the doubts.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Mitchell
United States
San Diego
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The games have a ridiculous number of forums, one for each here and on CSW. They are also discussed on the DG CSW forum, and at least two other combined game forums (one here that I can't find again). That's nearly 40 forums! More forums than people who have posted on them.

Then, they have little input from DG itself. That's not a complaint, just another factor that limits forum interest.

The game systems are the most discussed topics, the actual games the least. I think that's because of the dilution of input, and the fact the systems are more controversial, which leads to issues before the first game is completed. You have to "get" the system, before you "get" the specific games. I've not seen any posts on strategy on the Fire & movement games (WW2 to Modern), except for my own.

The games sold well, but you would never know it here. If the OP ever sees this, the answer is maybe. Worth the low price--yes. But, not easy to learn like the original folios, and much longer gameplay.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.