Subject: Adding to difficulty rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Ben D

Wilkes-Barre
Pennsylvania
msg tools
mb
Has anyone simply tried to add a doom token every time it hits midnight, instead of when you're told to explicitly. This seems like it would add more tension, and a more definite awakening of the old one, if you don't hustle.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christine Biancheria
United States
Pittsburgh
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Well, some of the monsters have fewer spots for doom tokens. I think one of them only has 8, so there'd be no way to reliably get the elder signs because there can be times when there aren't so many cards out there with elder signs to get.

That's one of the reason it's not a good idea to ban purchasing of elder signs. We had one game where there were very few cards with elder signs coming up.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Libůrek Nývltů
Czech Republic
Prague
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Christine Biancheria: That´s maybe to much, because players will not go on harder adventure card or go there, but without fear of their investigator "cause I if he die I get another one anyway", so they change a lot of them. Ben D: I don´t thnk this increase difficulty, it´s more about that game session will be faster and always with fight on the end... Personaly I using combines of these:

1) Enemy are place equally...
2) If Mythos card text is about adding Doom token "unless you do something", just add token (cause normaly you can evade most of them)
3) You can´t buy any Elder Signs in Lost and Found
4) All purchases in Lost and Found are expensive for a 1 (or 2)
5) Playing with all enemies in cup all the time; so the masked are there also...
---
6) Which are don´t think is good to combine with number 2 --- On the first Doom track line shift clock after turn for 3 hours, on the second line for 4 hours and on the last third line for 5 hours per turn; this creates good atmosfere of "end of days approaching" as GOO is more and more awaken. On the other side, it can be quite a challenge.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Emile de Maat
Netherlands
Hengelo
Overijssel
flag msg tools
admin
mbmbmbmbmb
Moved Thread
Moved this thread from the Rules forum to the Variants forum.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.