Sim Guy
United States
Albuquerque
New Mexico
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Jim Krohn wrote:
Quote:
Reading over some of the later entries, I noted your two player, solar system based 4X concept. Any thoughts on providing a link to SE4X; giving us a telescoping scale option, so that the struggles for the systems can be played out at a smaller scale? Planet by planet perhaps?

Yeah, I don't think it would link well, unfortunately.

If you don't do it, I'm sure someone else will try.whistle
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ted Duby
United States
Honolulu
Hawaii
flag msg tools
If you confess with your mouth the Lord Jesus and believe in your heart that God has raised Him from the dead, you will be saved. (Romans 10:9)
mbmbmbmbmb
By the way, what were the 2 truths and a lie?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim Krohn
United States
New York
flag msg tools
designer
You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means.
badge
Ahhh....my misspent youth...
mbmb
2 Truths and a Lie:

Quote:
I led the pastor of my church to Christ.

We'll start with this one. I thought that this one might not get a lot of votes because many would not know what to make of it, but it actually did surprisingly well. What this one is basically saying is that I introduced the pastor of my church to Jesus, which seems almost incomprehensible.

This one is TRUE. What will make sense of it all is that he was not my pastor at the time. He was a non-church going teenager when I met him and led him to Christ and I was just a layman working a full time job. As our church grew, we both, eventually, entered the ministry and started working at our church. When the senior pastorate became open at our church, we both prayed about who it should be and we both felt that he should be the one to do it. I withdrew my name from consideration and remained the youth pastor. This is a strange thing in itself because he is 10 years younger than me.

Quote:
My wife was scheduled to go on a business trip to Europe, but left her job before the trip. The plane that she was supposed to be on crashed and there were no survivors.

My wife is a chemical engineer and she did travel often on business trips visiting other plants.

This one is TRUE. Over the course of several months we both felt the leading of the Lord for my wife to leave work. We didn't understand why because we were not in a good financial position for her to do so. Eventually we discussed it. She was initially nervous about bringing the suggestion up to me (you can imagine a wife in that position - she was making more than me at the time - female engineers are gold) and was surprised that I was on the same page with her. About a month and a half later, her plane did crash and everyone was tragically killed.

The feelings at the time were indescribable and contradictory. Relief/happiness that she was spared. Sadness for people she knew having died. We had begun to see the financial impact of her leaving work and were beginning to doubt. Guilt about that doubt. Upset because of the tragedy of it all.

Today our overall feeling is thankfulness. She is the best wife in the world and I don't know what I would do without her!

Quote:
Because of where I was born and who I knew, I was invited to an NFL training camp. I turned it down because I knew I had no chance to make the team and it would have stopped me from starting my job.

I love football and I am actually pretty good at. I even used to be NFL fast (used to be - I'm old now).

This one is FALSE. This one falls under the category of "in your dreams."
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bob
United States
Apollo Beach
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Jim, (belated) congratulations to you!

1. What song has been stuck in your head the longest?

2. I know you talked about SE III a lot, but have you played any 4x PC games recently?

Looking forward to Band of Brothers.

Loved reading your answers, have a good weekend!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim Krohn
United States
New York
flag msg tools
designer
You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means.
badge
Ahhh....my misspent youth...
mbmb
Oops. Missed this last one.

Quote:
1. What song has been stuck in your head the longest?

This never happens to me. I know, that's strange. There are some choruses that I end up singing a lot, but it really isn't the same thing.

Quote:
2. I know you talked about SE III a lot, but have you played any 4x PC games recently?

I have Sins of a Solar Empire sitting next to my computer, but I haven't played it yet.

Quote:
Looking forward to Band of Brothers.

Hmmmm....me too!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Prev «  1 , 2 , 3 , 4 , 5  | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.