Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Zen Fairborn
Australia
Perth
Western Australia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Simple variant to deal with the issue of "Keep 1 Basestar around - destroy a second one" so that, now, EVERY Cylon ships activate Icon will do something.

- Anytime a Basestar activates while the current basestar on the board cannot function (i.e.: Basestar is to launch Raiders when its been damaged so I can no Longer Launch Raiders), roll a dice a place a second Basestar in the rolled location around Galactica (not the Cylon Fleet board).

This implies the Basestar, being unable to Launch Raiders/ Open fire, decided instead to report their location to "Jump" in re-inforcement Basestars. As such, it now becomes more common that x2 Basestars will chase Galactica as it makes its way through the game (and gives higher reason to put those Nukes to use, and reserve them all the same).

Can anyone spot any problems that could arrise from this varient?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert
Germany
Aachen
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
One problem is that players have no incentive to damage a basestar anymore. So Weapons Control is completely useless when only one basestar is on the main board.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Roberta Yang
msg tools
All this does is move Weapons Control from "Highly situational" to "Pretty much useless".

Also, you do know that Basestars are healed of all damage when they return to the Cylon Fleet Board, right? Even if the humans do damage a Basestar twice with exactly the right pair of damage tokens to stop it from doing anything, they'll still only get the benefit of this for a single jump cycle.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Vollick
Canada
St. Thomas
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
This doesn't solve the 1 basestar problem but it would solve the 1 damaged basestar problem.

The problem with your suggestion lies in the the fact that it's almost always worse to have 1 damaged and 1 healthy basestar compared to one healthy one.

Players will still destroy basestar number 2 but that would be it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mindy G
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
Mold the chaos into something beautiful
mbmbmbmbmb
salty53 wrote:

Also, you do know that Basestars are healed of all damage when they return to the Cylon Fleet Board, right?

I was wondering about this the other day but couldn't find it in the rule book. Where is it specified?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
ackmondual
United States
SoCal
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
oriecat wrote:
salty53 wrote:

Also, you do know that Basestars are healed of all damage when they return to the Cylon Fleet Board, right?

I was wondering about this the other day but couldn't find it in the rule book. Where is it specified?

Speaking of which, I thought I posted to this thread... either that post got deleted, or I posted somewhere else and didn't notice it, but anyways.....

It's NOT in the rulebook. It's in the official FAQ off FFG's site...

http://www.fantasyflightgames.com/edge_minisite_sec.asp?eidm...

http://www.fantasyflightgames.com/ffg_content/Battlestar_Gal...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mindy G
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
Mold the chaos into something beautiful
mbmbmbmbmb
Thank you, ackmondual!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.