5 Posts

PitchCar» Forums » Rules

Subject: Placement of instigator after collision rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Fake Name
United States
flag msg tools
I am a little unclear on the rules when a collision occurs that pushes another car off of the track. Does the car that was flicked get put back where it started even if it stays on the track? Or does it remain where it is, and the car that was pushed off the track is placed next to it?

I hope this question is clear.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark McEvoy
Canada
Mountain
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
irocbri wrote:
I am a little unclear on the rules when a collision occurs that pushes another car off of the track. Does the car that was flicked get put back where it started even if it stays on the track? Or does it remain where it is, and the car that was pushed off the track is placed next to it?

If the shooter causes any car to leave the track, the shooter is returned to its pre-shot position (regardless of whether it left the track or not), and any other cars that left the track are returned to their pre-shot positions.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Henry Allen
United States
Longwood
FLORIDA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
thatmarkguy wrote:
irocbri wrote:

If the shooter causes any car to leave the track, the shooter is returned to its pre-shot position (regardless of whether it left the track or not), and any other cars that left the track are returned to their pre-shot positions.

Hmm. I thought the shooter only got put back to the pre-shot position if he actually leaves the track himself. If he knocks others off but stays on then I thought he stays where he lands (and those knocked off go to his pre-shot position whether the shooter went off as well or not). When multiple cars are going back to the same position, those coming next in turn order go in front of those going later (leaving a little space between each for shooting). Maybe this is an alternate rule or something I found on the internet ... it's been a long time since I read the rules. I'll have to re-read the rules!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark McEvoy
Canada
Mountain
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
When I imported the game (Carabande) there were no official English rules available and I used this rules translation reference.

http://www.gamecabinet.com/rules/Carabande.html
"If you knock another player's piece off the track, then you must attempt to return all pieces that have left the track to their locations before the shot. You must also return your own piece to its original location. Your turn then ends."

The translated Pitchcar rules available as a file here ( http://boardgamegeek.com/filepage/6183/pitchcar-rules-doc ) concur:

"If your car knocks an opponent’s car off the track, you must return both cars to their original position. "

The game is meant to be open-wheel racing, not bumper cars. It is intended not to be viable strategy to deliberately wreck other cars.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Henry Allen
United States
Longwood
FLORIDA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Ah, thanks for clarifying. Looks like we've been basically playing the 'Demolition Derby' variation mentioned in those Pitch Car rules. We've played so many games that way I forgot it was a variant. We enjoy it but I'll have to try the standard game again sometime to see how it compares.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.